“Pollo my enchilada”

Rockin' Baja Coastal Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Rockin' Baja Coastal Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 4,894 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Enjoyed this dinner more than I thought I would. Had the chicken enchiladas with Pablano Cream Sauce . Lots of chicken and sauce with just enough spice. Black beans were very tasty and appreciated over refried beans. Sat outside and watched the masses walk by. Would eat here again. For the area it was a value as well but could get pricey depending on what you order

Reviewed January 20, 2014

located in the Gaslamp District, this is a decent spot for bite to eat. food is nothing special - just your basic mexican fare. service is friendly and solid. very good and relaxing atmosphere. great place for a beverage and something to eat but dont expect a gormet meal.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food, service, and company were great. We sat at the bar and drank our margaritas and talked to George (who lives upstairs). I wish this place was in my neighborhood because I would never leave. The margaritas were great, the shrimp bucket was delicious, and the salsa bar was fresh. My ONE REGRET - I didn't try the 12 inch fried hotdog wrapped in bacon. My bad.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Husband and I had a wonderful time here on a late-ish Wednesday night. We sat outdoors and were warmed by the heat lamps on the patio area. Service was good. The food was delicious but a bit too tasty. We were bloated from the over-the-top sodium the next day. The chips and salsa-bar are really great - you go up, fill a basket with chips and select from a wide array of salsas and other goodies to go with your chips (i.e. jalapeños, chopped cilantro, etc). Our favorite was the mango salsa but all the ones we tasted were great. I would definitely go back here!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Thecstaff really wants you happy. I enjoyed the food - the salsa and chip bar was fun. Main issue - need more real Mexican cheeses and sausage in the food and more meat in the dishes. A little disappointed there.

Been to Rockin' Baja Coastal Cantina? Share your experiences!