“Can't beat the breakfast”
Review of Point Loma Cafe

Point Loma Cafe
Ranked #469 of 5,554 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 10, 2018

The American breakfast was great and portions were good size.
But if you really want something phenomenal, try the ham skillet, there's enough food for 2 days and it was great rewarmed too. Prices were fair

Lynn C, Manager at Point Loma Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

So happy that you enjoyed it! Please come again!

Reviewed June 1, 2018

I reviewed this cafe for breakfast, then went back for lunch several weeks later! Wow! For lunch, we didn't really know what to order, but after talking to Carlos, we each ordered a different flatbread. What a great choice! One was the Lobster & Smoked Gouda; it was delicious. It had just a bit of spicy heat which intensified the flavor. The other was the Garlic Shrimp; it had 3 kinds of cheese which added to the wonderful saltiness of it. Carlos served each on a flat board. We could have gotten plates if we wanted. There were 8 pieces to each flatbread & each was $14. You can pick up like a pizza or use a knife/fork. Of course, we shared & I still had 3 pieces leftover for dinner that same night! Carlos was a great server; he didn't hover as we sat & talked. It was a fun & delicious lunch. I really like this place. The food is really good & the service has been terrific both times. It is becoming a favorite place for me.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

It was convenient, so I stopped in for breakfast. I wasn't expecting "non-California" prices. It was comparatively quite inexpensive. My eggs, toast, and breakfast potatoes were ready in just a couple minutes. The service was friendly. I'd definitely go back there to eat.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Cafe Point Loma is a good on-site diner if you’re staying at Holiday Inn Bayside but be Advised— if you need to be somewhere add on at least an hour for slow moving servers.

Speedy is not in the vocabulary here but if you have time to kill ( a lot of time) stroll down at 6:40 am and order breakfast and don’t plan to see your check until nearly 9. This is a cafe that desperately needs those self check out processors that sit on the tables of bigger chain restaraunts. It takes time to first GET the attention of a waiter/ waitress and once you do, plan not to see them for a long time. At one point we wondered if maybe they didn’t have a kitchen but instead went to pick up our order somewhere else.

When the food did arrive it was good, the portions were large which helped since you found you had a longer wait for your check. I eventually smartened up and asked for the check and takeout box when I placed the order. The hours are a little strange — they close at 530 and you can place orders at the bar next door— but same Hawkins Mataram service.

I was attending a conference at this location so maybe time was a little more important but pick up the pace

1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed April 13, 2018

A friend & I ate at Point Loma Cafe this morning for the first time. We both ordered the breakfast special of Eggs Benedict over Crab-cake over English muffin w/ chunky potatoes & fruit. Waiter said it was real crab! Sounded good for $12.95. We had a coupon with significant discount, but I thought the food was worth the full price. If you park at the Holiday Inn next door, the restaurant will validate parking. We arrived about 9:45 am & missed the breakfast crowd. The wait staff was courteous & kept the coffee refills coming. No one rushed us which was very nice. I will go back again to try lunch or dinner. Maybe we found a new good place hiding in plain sight in San Diego!

Lynn C, Manager at Point Loma Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Thank you! We are so happy that you enjoyed it. Please come again soon!