“Good Breakfast - Great Price”
Review of Point Loma Cafe

Point Loma Cafe
Ranked #469 of 5,561 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 23, 2018

It was convenient, so I stopped in for breakfast. I wasn't expecting "non-California" prices. It was comparatively quite inexpensive. My eggs, toast, and breakfast potatoes were ready in just a couple minutes. The service was friendly. I'd definitely go back there to eat.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Cafe Point Loma is a good on-site diner if you’re staying at Holiday Inn Bayside but be Advised— if you need to be somewhere add on at least an hour for slow moving servers.

Speedy is not in the vocabulary here but if you have time to kill ( a lot of time) stroll down at 6:40 am and order breakfast and don’t plan to see your check until nearly 9. This is a cafe that desperately needs those self check out processors that sit on the tables of bigger chain restaraunts. It takes time to first GET the attention of a waiter/ waitress and once you do, plan not to see them for a long time. At one point we wondered if maybe they didn’t have a kitchen but instead went to pick up our order somewhere else.

When the food did arrive it was good, the portions were large which helped since you found you had a longer wait for your check. I eventually smartened up and asked for the check and takeout box when I placed the order. The hours are a little strange — they close at 530 and you can place orders at the bar next door— but same Hawkins Mataram service.

I was attending a conference at this location so maybe time was a little more important but pick up the pace

1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed April 13, 2018

A friend & I ate at Point Loma Cafe this morning for the first time. We both ordered the breakfast special of Eggs Benedict over Crab-cake over English muffin w/ chunky potatoes & fruit. Waiter said it was real crab! Sounded good for $12.95. We had a coupon with significant discount, but I thought the food was worth the full price. If you park at the Holiday Inn next door, the restaurant will validate parking. We arrived about 9:45 am & missed the breakfast crowd. The wait staff was courteous & kept the coffee refills coming. No one rushed us which was very nice. I will go back again to try lunch or dinner. Maybe we found a new good place hiding in plain sight in San Diego!

Date of visit: April 2018
Lynn C, Manager at Point Loma Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Thank you! We are so happy that you enjoyed it. Please come again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2018

While visiting my son who In the Navy we ate 3 breakfasts here. Never and long lines or crowds which was a treat. Only complaint service was a little slow. The omelets were very good and portions were large and filing. Irene was such a pleasure to wait on us. She took off a coupon for his military status. This café is part of the Holiday Inn which was convenient.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant before heading out on a cruise. The waiter was unfriendly, never smiled, and seemed to hate his job. Lucky us! I had a Cobb salad. It was fine. Everything was fresh. My husband had a club sandwich and fries. He said they were fine too. We could have gotten these at almost any other restaurant for much less. They were $14 each.

Date of visit: January 2018