“Surfing lessons with a guy who had never put on a wet suit let alone surf!”
Review of San Diego Surf Lessons - CLOSED

San Diego Surf Lessons
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf Lesson San Diego,: offer private surf lessons and surf camp for adult and kids in Mission Beach, San diego .
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am from London (not many cool beaches there) visiting a friend who lives in PB. We decided to have some surf lessons (semi-private). Our instructer was Adam, he was amazing, very funny, he articulatd how to pop and surf on the beach and then again in the water, helping us both surf...well at least stand up for a few seconds (that was our fault not Adam's fyi) He stayed with us both in the water for 90 mins in quite rough conditions, always motivating, always making us feel comfortable, great guy.

The surf school is very well managed and the people involved are friendly and very helpful, so if you want to learn to surf, don't go any further than this surf school.

Matt from London.

in 28 reviews
"encouragement"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are from PA and my little farmer girl was up and riding in no time! The instructors knowledge and confidence give off such positive energy, my kid thought she could do anything and she did! She surfed! Best money I spent our week long vacation !

3  Thank JandHlittle
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I live in Pacific Beach and anytime we have friends visiting from out of town, we set up a surf lesson with these guys and everyone always has a GREAT time. This past weekend was no exception.
Great instruction whether a semi-private or group lesson and everyone there is super-pleasant to deal with… So I figured it was about time for a review!

Thanks Guys :)

1  Thank JennLC
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had my first lesson two days ago and had a wonderful experience. Marley helped with booking our lesson was very courteous and helpful. Our instructor Eric was friendly, experienced, competent, and most importantly, patient! There were three in my class, me (27), my mother (61), and uncle (66). We all were able to get up during our first lesson and my uncle was up majority of the time (sad to say a 66 year old out surfed a 27 year old). Needless to say, I had a blast and am signed up for another lesson. I highly recommend you try it :-)

2  Thank alisongibsonrn
See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Saw the reviews on tripadvisor so booked appointments for my 13 year old son and 19 year old daughter. They had such a great time with Dan, their instructor. They described him as friendly, enthusiastic, encouraging, & helpful. Both were successful at getting up on the board and are looking forward to learning more tomorrow! Staying in La Jolla but glad to have the lessons at the Mission beach location.

1  Thank dkanddog