“Very average but great location”
Review of Pacific View Inn

Pacific View Inn
Ranked #170 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The main thing this place has going for it is the location which is absolutely perfect, staff at the front desk were not particularly friendly or helpful, our room opened up to the street walkway so it was noisy and not very private. There were flies in the room & 2 of the main powerpoints didn't work (including our bedside lamp) & the bathroom was teent tiny. We went in the middle of Summer so was very hot however the staff brought us a fan when asked which was good. It was reasonably priced compared with other San Diego accomm but wouldn't be keen to stay again...

Room Tip: I'd say a top room so you're not on the street
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ams002

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is Perfect! It is very clean, the staff is exceptionally service oriented and the location is priceless. Right on the beach and within 2-3 blocks of all kinds of restaurants and shops in 3 directions. Will definitely recommend and stay there again!

Room Tip: The economy room is perfect for budget minded!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank h20wife
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This little hotel was amazing! It has 23 units! our unit had a fridge and micorwave. You open the door and can hear the waves crashing! Right on the beach, Great service, Jusitin at the front is super helpful and friendly. I would reccomend this hotel to any of my friends! Its not the Hilton, but the service and atmosphere are perfect!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chess36
Reviewed January 14, 2013

On a recent visit to our son in Pacific Beach (San Diego) stayed the week at PVI located right at the beach. Nice room #14 (full kitchen, queen bed & full bath) very clean w/ a great view. Located right on the boardwalk with ease to walk, jog or bike along the beach. Easy access to local restaurants, lounges and stores as well as local transportation (one block away) should you want to visit downtown SD as we did or take in Old Town. The staff were very helpful and Justin's followed through with both our reservation and e-mail corespondence was right on. You could certainly spend a lot more and receive a lot less somewere else but I for one will bring our family back again on our next visit to San Diego

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wallysbigworld
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Pacific View before -- several times -- and I find them consistent. The place has been upgraded gradually over the years and is still not a "fancy" place (thanks for that) -- but while spartan, it is neighborhood, friendly and clean.

I've always had great service and prompt response from the staff, whether it is onsite during the stay, or via e-mail before or after and they've always been flexible and accommodating. You cannot beat the location if you are looking for being in the middle of things -- if you like the beach you really don't have to leave the neighborhood for much of anything. The bed seemed new and was very comfortable with good quality linens.

The room furnishings otherwise were almost non-existent -- I would have liked to have had a decent table and chairs -- but I made do with a couple of the deck chairs pulled into the room from the balcony outside (there was a high table in the room and a couple of plastic stools -- one of which had a cracked/broken seat). That's about my only criticism -- and it would certainly not cause me to look elsewhere -- the other "positives" are numerous. This "little" motel has the feel of a small business -- and that's one of the things I like most about it.

I opened my windows and had the sounds of the neighborhood (California beach culture) and the ocean in my room, not to mention the cool sea air and sounds of the waves, 24 hours a day. There are many great places to eat within easy walking distance. I love you, Pacific View Inn! I'll be back soon.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms in the front have the best views...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Robert S
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Older hotel but perfect location for kids to play on the beach. The staff is excellent! Rooms were a little warm but they have fans which take care of that problem. Not a 5 star but since hotels on the beach in San Diego are hard to find under $200/night, it fit our needs perfectly since we were staying a week. &their weekly rate is impossible to beat. Be sure & bring a power bar tho as there are only 2 plug ins in the room - typical of older homes/hotels. Clean, fresh smelling - which is a must for me -, beds were comfy. Little noisy from bars down the street since older places are not insulated as well as new ones but overall, we would return & we are used to 4+ star motels. The sacrifices are worth the location. It could use an overall re-model but then it wouldn't be the 'find' on the beach that it is.

Room Tip: Inner rooms would be quieter as would upstairs rooms I suppose. #3 has a huge kitchen but no oven or...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank antiquer7
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I wanted simple accommodations right on the beach for a few days of vacation before attending a conference downtown. Didn't want a pool, on-site restaurant, jacuzzi, room service. My room (#11) was really clean and well-appointed, with a comfy bed and a light and soft cotton quilt. Nice TV (limited channels, but enough movies), kitchen (sink, m-wave, fridge w/small freezer), and a clean, well-maintained bathroom. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I've never traveled solo before (except for business) and felt well taken care of by the manager, Justin. The other guests must have felt the same because I ran into others coming into the office on their way back from their day's excursions to share favorite restaurants and activities. I did, however, wish for A/C one night. I hope to return the next time I have business in SD.

Room Tip: I had a "queen ocean view" -- it has a porch with table and chair, from which to enjoy a s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo