“Very Nice & Free!”

$499.00*
Private San Diego City and La Jolla Coast Tour
Ranked #24 of 442 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Over 1,200 tropical and flowering varieties of plants are to be found beneath the domed, wooden-lath structure of the Botanical Building.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Botanical Garden is small but very well cared for. This ornate historic building is also cool. The bonus is admission is free so it's definitely worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Botanical Building and Lily Pond

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was lovely. We also visited the rose garden and spectacular native plant/cactus gardens. Ate lunch at the Prado Café overlooking Balboa park. Wonderful day, great food.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We always stop at Balboa Park after a day at the Zoo and just walk around. The Botanical Bldg is encredible with the lily pond in the front. Always take a photo opurtunity when we are there.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I entered the Botanical Building in Balboa Park. I love gardening and plants and flowers are my passion. For a free activity, I wasn't sure how good a Botanical Garden it would be. Turned out I was wrong to be wary. There were lots of interesting species, including orchids which are my favorite. The building itself was a nice respite from the summer heat, and I spent much longer in there than i would have imagined enjoying everything it had to offer.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This exhibit was free and very beautiful - saw plants and flowers I have never seen before - very well kept and beautiful.