“Family breakfast”

Ranked #76 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent stop for breakfast prior to beech day Great menu and portions are huge
Often the wait is long but meal is worth wait and service is professional and fast

Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Mission was recommended to us by the doorman at our hotel - he definitely has good taste! Don't be discouraged if there is a line outside - it moves quickly and is so worth any wait. So much to choose from and you will not be disappointed with your selection. If ever back in San Diego we will definitely return!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This was just a quick walk away from our Gaslamp quarter hotel. Quick and friendly service and the breakfast was great. We tried the Mission french toast , which is topped with fresh fruit. Very good !

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I've only eaten at the Mission in North Park, but it was fantastic. If you want an amazing brunch/breakfast, go here. Very busy in the mornings, but if you go around 1 (it's open til 3 p.m) you can get in right away, usually. I had blackberry and banana pancakes (fresh, wonderful, fluffy) and bacon and scrambled eggs. My son tried the rosemary potatoes, and I am a potato fiend...they were fantastic! Pretty much anything you get here is great.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We waited about 35 min. on a Saturday morning in August. I expect that is a normal occurrence at The Mission. There is some shade on the sidewalk out front but no seating while you wait. A small park with creative palette climbers is just behind the building. Little ones might find this fun while waiting. Parking is street parking, no meters, or there is a small lot for a nominal fee ($3) on the adjacent corner with homeless tents surrounding it. (Not the best neighborhood but don't let that deter you). Once inside and seated, greeted immediately, thanked for waiting, and the BEST coffee ever! Miguel was our server and he was pleasant and efficient but my guess is everyone is here or they wouldn't make it at this busy place. We all ordered something different so we were able to taste a wide variety. A wide selection of pancakes made it hard for my daughter to decide between the strawberry/banana and the blueberry cornmeal but S/B won and they were delicious. Not on the menu, but made by request, my son loved the chocolate chip pancakes and we were so glad Miguel suggested we order 1 or 2 instead of the regular order of three. They are LARGE ! My husband and I went savory and had to try the egg breakfasts served with rosemary potatoes and rosemary bread. His with a delicious chicken apple sausage and mine with bacon. The potatoes were truly yummy. The bread good. The bacon adequate. The sausage wonderful. There is a wide selection of Latino breakfast selections too. Service was attentive and the coffee flowed. For the four of us, breakfast was less than $40.00 with tax and tip