“Delicious breakfast!”

The Mission
Ranked #68 of 4,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dorchester, South Carolina
“Delicious breakfast!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Let me start by saying that the food was REALLY good before I get into the whole review (will come back to food).

First, you can pay to park nearby, or you can find a spot on the street if you get there kind of early or on a Saturday. Be aware that there is a HUGE homeless population right nearby, but I didn't have any issues with them. The food takes a little while, so make sure you feed the meter enough up front.

Second, this place was packed by 8 on Saturday, so be ready to wait a little bit to get in. But don't let that deter you, the food is really good. Service is a bit slow as well, and I think it is because they probably need at least one additional server.

Now back to the food. My wife got plain pancakes which has a berry puree that was good enough that she didn't even use the syrup until it was all gone. It was sweet and delicious! She ordered apple juice (which was like $3) and came with a glass full of ice and almost no apple juice. So beware if you order apple juice. The pancakes were light, fluffy and delicious. I had a few bites. :) I got the chicken apple sausage with eggs and I hurt myself trying to eat it all. It was plenty enough for sharing. The sausage was tender and flavorful (went better with my bites of pancake) but the star was the potatoes. WOW! I could have eaten those with nothing else. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone. Just know what to expect and you will be good!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank alistair_connor

Kailua, Hawaii
“Delightful breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Arriving early on a Saturday, we wanted to avoid a wait. We were seated and offered drinks right away. We ordered French toast and blueberry pancakes. Both were nice servings and prepared quickly. The bacon side was really good too. This was all accompanied by great coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. Parking was a bit of a problem, but worth it. Glad we went early as there was a wait when we left our table.

Visited May 2014
Arizona
“Nice Spot for Some Breakfast”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Good breakfast spot, especially for vegetarians. Nice selection of coffee, interesting breakfast menu, great atmosphere. The chiliquillas are pretty. and the pancakes are huge. Get there early, by around ten you're gonna wait.

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Florida
“Must visit for breakfast!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Pancakes were giant and flavorful. Also had eggs and bacon and was equally impressed. The decor was very interesting and inviting. Service was quick and outstanding.

Parking was a bit of a pain.

1 Thank Joseph D
San Diego, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heaven”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Love love love
Many simple yet unique menu has you wanting to try something new with out being scared of the taste , everything is good I one here often good price and a lot of food defiantly can share a plate if you wanted

• Visited February 2014