“such beautiful creations,”
Review of Tender Greens

Tender Greens
Ranked #23 of 5,141 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed October 22, 2012

so fresh & lightly dressed, freshly made vinaigrettes, roasted vegetable.
everything from seared ahi, plank steak & mashed potatoes & soup or sandwich & salad combinations. Desserts are even better than they look. I rarely order dessert after dinner.

2  Thank familyof4SanDiego

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Everybody loved this place. Unbelievable quality for the price.

Location is very nice as well. Definitely going back

3  Thank Michael K
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Salad is huge for me since it's what I eat the most of, and I am pretty picky about it... ok, I'm pretty picky about everything, just ask my husband. Tender Greens puts out the best salads of anywhere I have ever been. The greens are FRESH and perfect. No oxidation, no wilting, just crisp, fresh and chilled, the way they should be. Their salad dressings are also very good. Lots of flavor so you don't need a ton of it, which leads me to their salads being very lightly dressed. I appreciate this because you can add more, but when it's gooped on you can't take it off and it will wilt nice fresh greens. Whatever salad you order is going to be excellent, but one of my favorites is the steak salad... The Backyard Steak Salad, mmmmmmm. The steak is just awesome, juicy, tender, not fatty, lots of flavor. The golden beats.... how do I love thee? The golden beats are beautiful! They have that earthy beet flavor balanced by the horseradish vinagrette. Yes.... horseradish. It's soooooo good! And they put long pieces of chive on too! I don't think you can go wrong here, at least nobody I know has been anything other than satisfied and impressed. Licking the plate would be proper for food this good. :)

1  Thank mnnbrown
Reviewed October 16, 2012

As I try to eat a vegan diet as much as possible when I found Tender Greens through Tripadvisor and found the “Happy Vegan” on their menu, I decided we should try it out. I was not disappointed. The employees were helpful and friendly; from the girl explaining the dishes to the guy refilling my ice tea and making sure everything was alright. As I moved to the cash register to pay, I walked past the roasted chicken, boy it looked good. I was tempted, but I stuck with the Happy Vegan and the accompanying scoops of salads were so filling and delicious I didn’t miss that chicken. The food is fresh and the greens are not over dressed.

We went to the Point Loma location. It's in an area surrounded by office buildings so it got pretty busy quickly at noon. We were there at opening.(11:00 AM) so the girl taking my order was very nice about answering all my questions on the menu items. I'm glad I didn't have line of office workers behind me waiting to order while I'm asking questions.

1  Thank Ellies852
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Being organic food lovers, my wife and I looked forward to eating at Tender Greens while we were in San Diego. The experience lived up to our expectations. The food was great. The staff was friendly. The location was clean and comfortable.