“Reliable and not expensive”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #737 of 4,799 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Reliable and not expensive”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

You can pop in for a quick meal and know that the food is good and the service reasonably quick. A good family restaurant.

Visited October 2012

La Habra
“Surprisingly Bad”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Mimi's is usually a safe bet for decent service. Not this time and not this Mimi's. Our food took a little longer than usual to arrive and while we waited another table complained to the manager about how long their food was taking. I ordered the baby baker potatoes with my meal and many of them were absolutely COLD inside. My server did bring me a new side of potatoes that were hot. It took an unusual amount of time for the server to drop our check, so much so the manager noticed and went to get it. In defense of the server, they were forced to come back to the table before dropping the check to ask for a donation for Breast Cancer Awareness. I don't appreciate being solicited for a donation when I'm dining out.

• Visited October 2012
Campinas, SP
“Still a good restaurant”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have been at Mimi's before, and went back this time after two years from my last visit. I got good and prompt service, the food is as good as I remember. I like the effort to keep it simple, optional Cajun style, nutritional information on the menu, good wine selections, all this make it enjoyable.
I recommend the "Chicken pot pie", it has been and still is one of my favorites.

• Visited August 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“WIDE VARIETY OF MENU SELECTIONS!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was my first visit to a Mimi's Cafe, and I now realize it is a chain. I will definitely eat at Mimi's when I see one on my travels. The menu has something for everyone! The Mimi's at this location was very busy on the day I went there; however, we didn't have to wait too long for a table. We were seated in a comfortable booth. It took me a long time to decide what to order as everything on the menu looked very good! I finally decided on the French Quarter sandwich, and my daughter ordered one of the burgers. The servings were large, and we took the rest home in a to-go box. The leftovers were just as delicious the next day! For dessert, my daughter and I split the Bananas Foster Crepe. It was very good, and it was enough for two! The service was a little slow, however; perhaps because the restaurant was very busy with graduation parties.

• Visited June 2012
San Diego, California
“Ok”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is good for breakfast, packed and slow at lunch. Food is good, service is hit and miss. Sometimes really great other times slow.