“Carne asada fries!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 10, 2017

Went here a couple times over the past year for a few conferences I had there.

First time got 3 tacos (fish, their version of alpastor, and carnitas). All delicious. The salsa bar is a nice touch as I tend to enjoy a copious amount on the tacos after I've tried them without as well. My colleagues got the carne asada fries, which were quite good, and I don't typically order beef.

Next time I went, I went with the fries and a couple tacos. I had forgot how large a portion the fries were. They were quite good, and the main reason I'd come back rather than try another mexican place. Worth the repeat trip for the fries.

Reasonable price, clearly pricier than some of the other ones in town, and less than others.

Would probably return if with a group for the fries.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

I went for lunch. They work (taking orders, bringig food) very fast. There was about 10 peoples before me, still I gave my order under 5 minutes. I got my food in 5-10minutes. They got my order wrong, but corrected it fast, no problems. Food tasted good and the amount was big. I couldn't finish my plate. The place is a little like fastfood place, but they serve good food.

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

Not my usual fare, but...We were wandering around looking for someplace to eat quickly because it was late. We got a good solid meal of enchiladas, retried beans & rice.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Lolita's is tucked away on the south side of Petco Park. It is a no frills Mexican food place that serves great burritos, fajitas, tacos, etc. I had the carne asada fajitas which came with 3 nicely warmed corn tortillas. Heaven on a plate. The employees are nice and friendly. Everyone eats there. Kids, business people in suits, people going to/from a Padres game. You name it. The place is always busy, especially around lunch. The food is authentic, honest, and a great value. No need to jazz it up, although I did opt for the spicy salsa for some zing. Lolita's is indeed a hidden gem.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

We had lunch on a Sunday which meant we had all the special lunches for the week to choose from. All servings were large enough but the bread of the burritos were a bit heavy and hard to handle with plastic utensiles. Perfect to keep the salsa on the side. Good for lunch but too plane for dinner.

Been to Lolita's? Share your experiences!