“So much fun!”

Pacific Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Pacific Surf School. A surf school created to teach beginners the experience of surfing and water safety.The Best Surf School in San Diego. Locations in Ocean Beach and Pacific Beach/ Mission Beach and Ocean Beach. Easy Booking online. Book online is required .
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Providence, RI
“So much fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

I've been to San Diego many times, but have never tried surfing before. My boyfriend and I decided to try this time. It was his 1st time in San Diego. Our instructor Mark was great. He was encouraging, gave us a lot of great tips and never gave up on us. We both stood up on the board at least once before the hour was up. I also think it's great that they allow you to use the equipment for an entire hour after your lesson to practice. I would definitely recommend Pacific Surf School to new surfers. The only thing I didn't like was that it's a LOT easier to get up on the board when the instructor is there holding it for you. I couldn't get on the board and stay steady without him there. But like I said, it was my 1st time, and I'm sure with practice, I wouldn't have had an issue.

washington dc
“What a way to start the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

Rough, gray weather & waves. Instructor was patient, to the point, & directly got us into the water & up on the boards. Remarkably, I learned a new thing…before noon. Had a great time. I'll be back.

California
“An excellent place to begin your surfing expereince”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

Pacific Surf School is a remarkable place to learn surfing. The instructors are very knowledgeable of their trade and they are patient with you if you're struggling. They also help you to become better once you begin to understand and master the techniques. In all, if you want to learn to surf quickly and have a lot of fun while doing it you'd be hard-pressed to find a better place to do it. I give Pacific Surf School two thumbs up for the great experience I had with them. Ask for Dave as an instructor, you won't be disappointed.

Anchorage, Alaska
“Fantastic Surfing Instruction!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

I took two private classes with Mark, who quickly taught me the basic skills needed to surf my first wave. With no previous surfing experience whatsoever I was able to stand on the board during my first lesson. Mark was encouraging, inspiring, and very efficient, in tailoring his teaching method to my needs and abilities. I am glad that I also splurged for the "photo add on", and got some fantastic photos of my session, including me, on my feet, on the board, thanks to Adam, the photographer. I highly recommend the services of Pacific Surf School.

Phoenix
“January is the time to surf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

Pacific Surf School was easy to work with in all aspects. The instructor gave detailed instructions and was enthused about the high surf and seemed happy to try anything to "catch the wave". The price was right and it was a great experience.