Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed 1 week ago
Resort19225855996
via mobile

1,118 results
All reviews semi private lesson great instructor group lesson riding waves photo package super patient learning how learn how awesome experience mission beach these guys lots of fun ocean beach encouraging teacher pss beginners
Reviewed today

We had looked forward to learning the beginning of how to surf. Fernando was our instructor (one teacher for two students) and we think that if we'd had a different instructor, we'd have enjoyed it more and learned more also. He was very hands off and observed us more than taught us, especially compared to other customer / students who were assigned to another instructor simultaneously whom we observed. He taught us the basics on the sand with the board, but did not repeat that same lesson when we first went into the water. That would have been very helpful - to learn the key core things to do once in the water and feel the difference from when on the sand. He just pushed us both in the wave and watched us. Once in a while he'd step in but we ended up watching and trying to listen to the other instructor and how he taught his clients as Fernando's teaching style was not effective and not helpful

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

My friend and I had a lesson with Ricky! He was fantastic, very friendly and encouraging. Highly recommend for a morning adventure!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had a amazing time with Mary. She was very motivational, identifing where we could improve and how we could improve after each run. Great introduction to surfing. Will recommend to friends.

Kelsey B, Manager at Pacific Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Aloha Resort19225855996, we're so glad that you enjoyed your surf lesson with Mary! We hope to see you back again soon. Mahalo for the great review!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Daniel was a really good instructor. He pushes you to get better and better by the end of the session you will surprise yourself on what you are capable of.

Aloha Jay, we're so stoked that you enjoyed your lesson with Daniel. Thanks for choosing Pacific Surf and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My trainer rick was perfect!!!! Had a lot of fun - erverthing went really easy - erverything perfect!

Aloha, thank you for the great review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your lesson with Rick. Come back and see us anytime!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I had a great surf lesson with Daniel today. We were actually able to get up and ride waves pretty much right away. He was fun, encouraging and patient. I highly recommend this company!

Emiliano A, Owner at Pacific Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Aloha,

Thank you for for your nice review. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience surfing with us. Daniel is a great surf instructor he is extremely good at teaching and making surfing enjoyable. We hope you surf with us again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can't tell you how impressed I am with this school and in particular with my instructor, Junior. Junior braved the cold surf for close to an hour, swimming in the ocean while simultaneously giving us instructions and directing our boards into the waves. By the end of my lesson, I was able to ride a couple of waves all the way in to shore! This experience has definitely encouraged me to try surfing again. :)

In general, I am quite athletic yet very uncoordinated, so I was very nervous about trying to surf. My best friend lives in San Diego now and was eager to try it out, and so I finally took the plunge. I was able to a book a semi-private lesson with my friend for a Sunday morning about 2 days in advance of the lesson. Parking on one of the side streets off Mission Boulevard was actually pretty straightforward at 8:30AM in October. We were set up with our rash guards, wet suits, and boards right on time for our 9AM lesson.

Junior spent about a half hour with us on dry land teaching us good safe practices and giving us tips about what to do in the water. He made us demonstrate our skills a few times before we hit the waves. Being pelted in the face by the cool, salty water of the Pacific was very daunting, but Junior was there in the water the whole time giving us directions and trying to make sure we didn't forget our fundamentals. I don't really understand how he's able to do this multiple times throughout the day, but that's what makes him a pro.

Although getting pelted in the face with water was pretty demoralizing, nothing beats the feeling of standing up on your board and riding a wave all the way to shore. My friend and I were both able to do this multiple times during our lesson! If you have never surfed before and want a safe, memorable, and successful first experience, I would strongly recommend Pacific Surf School!

Aloha,

Thank you so much for nice and detailed review. You practically described our entire surf lesson process and we love the fact that you had an enjoyable time. We pride ourselves in being the best surf school in San Diego and we have the best instructors too. Junior is an amazing surf instructor who makes sure all his students are safe and having a good time. We are so happy to hear that you had a great time and was able to ride your first waves to shore, its an amazing feeling and we want as many people as possible to experience that. Thank you once again for surfing with us and letting us know how great your experience was. We hope to have you surfing back here again!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had our first official surfing lessons. Great instructor and they were very organized. Mary, our instructor, was patience and instructive. We do plan on continuing learning once our bodies recover. Fun, fun.

Emiliano A, Owner at Pacific Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Aloha,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that we were your first official surf lesson and that you had a great time. Mary is a great surf instructor, and is very patient and great at instructing. We hope to have you surf here again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had an excellent experience with Dane. He is a great instructor full of knowledge. Even though we had a full class my daughter got a lot of one on one attention in the water. Photographer captured some great shots. Will definitely be on our must do list if we are ever back in the area. Thanks Dane. You were the best!

Aloha Erynn,

Thank you so much for you nice review. We do pride ourselves in being the best surf school in San Diego. Dane is an awesome instructor and always is attentive!! We hope to surf with you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Junior was a wonderful instructor and was patient and encouraging with a couple of first time surfers. Highly recommend this surf school and instructor!

Aloha Richard,

Thank you so much for the nice review. We are glad you got to experience surfing with us. We are known to be san diego's best surf school. Junior is an amazing instructor and is very patient and encouraging. We hope to have you surf with us again!