New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld

Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld
Ranked #155 of 282 Hotels in San Diego
Phoenix, Arizona
“My favorite place to stay in SD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Ramada SeaWorld a couple of weeks back with my wife and two young kids. We couldn’t have been happier with this hotel. While we were checking in, our kids were entertained by the General Manager who spent time showing them his own Lego creations. There was a really family vibe in the lobby and the hotel is definitely very child friendly. Our room was more than spacious enough, and included a refrigerator and microwave. The location of the hotel itself was great-only one mile from SeaWorld meant we never had very far to travel with the kids. An added bonus was the view of SeaWorld’s spectacular fireworks show right from our room every night. The recommendations to various restaurants in the area were great, and the front desk staff made sure to cater to our budget. Thanks to all the staff at the Ramada SeaWorld for a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jesse_Ramada_Manager, General Manager at Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review of The Ramada Limited San Diego/ near Sea World. A family environment is the primary goal at our Hotel. We are very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, and that our staff really delivered a great experience. The legos and kinector sets have become a staple around here! Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Honestly the property was fine for the purpose of my trip but it was quite expensive for what was offered. I traveled to San Diego to see my Mets play the Padres at Petco Park. I only needed a room for a night but because I travel with my young son I always like to stay at a somewhat reputable hotel.

The location is very good, just minutes from the entrance to Seaworld and Belmont Park at Mission Bay. There are plenty of places to eat as well like In and Out Burger, Wendy's, a few taco shops and grocery stores all within 4 or 5 minutes. It only took me about 15 minutes to get downtown for the Padres games and is very easily accesable from the 8 and 5. Obviously you are paying a premium for being close to Seaworld and Mission Bay but I felt for what I paid the price was a tad high for a "budget" accomodation.

The room was kind of dated but the bed was comfortable and the TV offers HBO which is always a plus. The hotel is off Midway which is a pretty busy street but we did not hear any street noise nor any noise from the room next to ours or under us. The bathroom was worn down but it was clean and the water pressure was pretty good which is usually an issue at some hotels. The hose also detached which is also a nice touch. It makes showering much easier. The free breakfast was basic which is fine because I'm a basic kind of guy when it comes to breakfast. There is also free WiFi which I am a big fan of.

Now the parking was a nightmare, there were spots but the issue is they are tiny and are obviously not designed for SUV's. I have a midsize car and had a hard time parking in the spots because they are so small that they are not able to handle the high capacity of SUV's that are now as common as midsize cars. That led to many people being parked in two spots and very tight squeezes.

It's exactly what I expected from a budget accomodation, nothing fancy but a clean room with a free breakfast, I just felt the close to $175.00 I paid for one night was a tad high. I didn't see the value but honestly if you can get this hotel at a lower rate I would suggest it as it is close to everything this wonderful city has to offer.

Room Tip: Try and park your car in an end spot so you won't have to worry about getting sandwiched in betw...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jesse_Ramada_Manager, General Manager at Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your feed back. You provided us with a great and detailed review. Information like this, from you the customer, allows us to move forward and improve. I am glad that you found the value in our location and its proximity to many tourist destinations, and restaurants. The rate fluctuates with the season and we encourage guests to book in advance to ensure the best rate. I also hear you loud and clear on the parking issue. We are looking in to ways of easing the problem and making it more efficient. With limited space it has proven to be quite a challenge. Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Quad Cities
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Ok, I have to tell you, I was a little apprehensive when I booked this room for $65.00/night for 4 nights. All of the others I checked on in the area were all over $100. I was very nicely surprised. The room, while dated, was clean and well kept. The bathroom was also clean and the towels seemed almost new! It had plenty of water pressure in the shower and a shower rod that was bowed out. (big plus for me as i hate low water pressure and a shower curtain that drifts in) While the bed and furniture were dated they were in fairly good shape. The mattress was firm and the pillows soft.
The front desk people were very nice and cordial. The day clerk was very nice and helped with directions to area attractions and such. The continental breakfast was a little to be desired as the danish were mostly stale. But the coffee and bagels were delish! I would recommend that they figure out a way to put a hot waffle iron in to offer a hot breakfast.
The area is fine and close to shopping and Sea World and the interstates. It is also just a couple of miles from Hodad's Burgers(As seen on Diners Drive-ins and Dives) and Ocean Beach.
All in all a good stay!!! I would recommend this hotel to most.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a great place to stay the location is within 10 minutes from everything the beach, SeaWorld, and the gas lamp district. The room was nice and clean plenty of space. The beds were very comfortable. A huge plus for me was the shower had a hose and not just a shower head, I'm tall so I Dont like staying at a room where I have to squat or kneel so that was great. I plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you found our accommodations spacious and enjoyable. Feed back from you the guest, is vital for us to continue to improve and provide you with an excellent experience. It is also nice to read that you capitalized on the convenience of our very central location. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon!