“Nice, Big, Clean Room!!”

Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld
Ranked #136 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were in town for the San Diego Rock n' Roll Half-Marathon, first stay at this hotel. We were Very Impressed, Check-In time was 3:00pm, but got to the Hotel at 1:45pm, the Nice Lady Clerk at Front Desk let us Check-In, due to we had tickets to the 4:15pm, San Diego Padres game, so we wanted to get settled in and relax for a bit before heading out to Petco Park. Our room, was big, comfortable, and clean. The microwave and fridge was the clincher in booking at this hotel. So were able to load the fridge with plenty bottles of water, Gatorade, and sodas. The Old Town Trolley station was very close-by, so we parked the car for FREE there and took the Trolley to Petco Park, it was such a breeze. There were plenty of restaurant options very close by. When I got back to the Old Town Trolley station, I phoned in our order at Florencia's Pizzeria, right next door to the Ramada. On Sunday, I walked over to the Sea World Parking lot to reunite with my girlfriend after her Half-Marathon, it took only 20mins to walk there, approx 1-mile. On Sunday, we ate lunch at the Rubio's on Rosecrans and Midway. But nearby, there was a McDonalds, Jack in the Box, one-block West of the Ramada. Once we find out the date for next year's race, we will be back to this hotel!! Oh, almost forgot, the FREE breakfast was Great Too, they offered danishes, muffins, cold cereals, and coffee, but the juice machine was Out of Order!

Room Tip: Very close to the I-5 and I-8 Freeways!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were in San Diego visiting my father in law, which had become ill & I shared our reason for visit with staff. Three weeks later my father in law passed away. Mr. Patel remembered us and was compassinate and eager to accomodate us up to the very last need of an additional roll away bed. We were located close to freeways and many varieties of places to eat. The breakfast provided by Ramada was fresh and satisfied our needs with fresh fruit and variety of fruit juices, as well as fresh coffee each morning. Wish we had more of these caring, down to earth type of places in other places we visit. All was clean and plenty of towels.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Check in time was 1:00 pm. I showed up at 9:00 am. They found me a room, even though I just said I was inquiring what time check in was. Very clean. TV and stations were fine. This may sound funny, but loved the scent of the soap and shampoo. Made me hungry, lol. For the price of the stay, don't think you can beat it. Also, a complimentary continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here based on the great ratings. Can't see what everyone's raving about.
I found it to be reasonably clean. Not super spiffy clean but acceptable. Rooms are nothing great. Location is not fantastic. Price was reasonable. All in all, an average place for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We rented two rooms, one for 4 nights and one for 5 nights. - We were there for our son's graduation from MCRD and we wanted a hotel that was close to the recruiting center and not out of sight in price. - And we got it all and more! - The staff was great and very helpful in every way. It was an easy, quick drive from the hotel to MCRD and also to the airport - The staff helped us find wonderful restaurants right in the area. - The rooms were clean and good sized and the bed was soooo comfortable! - The wireless internet worked wonderful. And, their coffee was almost as good as what we brew at home!! - I can't think of anything to complain about - Thank you for a great stay!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I am a travel agent and I worked with this hotel many of times. Each time I booked my clients into the hotel they were pleased with their accomadations and thrilled with their savings! The hotel has an ideal location, great staff and unbeatable customer service. I would recommed this hotel to anyone who is coming into the San Diego area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

dont know about other review but , for your safety stay away .
the hotel is not in nice area ,on the main road in very noise location
we stay 3 night and barley sleep becouse of the noise and law level of guest .
the room is not clean and very stinky they use bug spray.

last night was nightmare one of the guest mass out and no one did anything .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family