“Horrible service! Save your $ and time and go somewhere else!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pomodoro Ristorante Italiano

Pomodoro Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #122 of 4,699 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Horrible service! Save your $ and time and go somewhere else!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a reservation- took 20 min to seat us. We were ok with the wait- it seemed like a good place. Appetizer took 30 min! Wine took another 20min! We were there for 2 hours before we received our meal. Staff dropped check with meal before we could order another glass of wine telling us there were others waiting to be seated outside. Horrible service and food was BLAND!

San Diego, California
“Might go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Quaint. We timed it right getting there when we did as didn't get crowded unrolled were served. Kinda pricey only since you pay for anything extra, like a salad or sides. Service ok

Visited August 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Delicioso and intimate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had heard about Pomodoro and how it is owned by the same people that owned Arrivederci in Hillcrest. Seeing as I'm not too keen on parking in Hillcrest, I thought I'd give this place a try.

The place is small, which easily gives that cozy vibe with its wicker chairs and tealight candles. Seeing is kind of cramped but again, intimate feel. I wasn't too big of a fan because I feel like I kept bumping into the patron right behind me whenever I scooted my chair and there happened to be a loud party right next to us. But that's not the restaurant's fault, it's the fault of the diner who's had a few too many glasses and thought she was very funny.

And now to the food!

They greeted us with a basket of bread. I'm a fan of bread. This was delicious bread: chewy, not too crusty. I usually like my bread to be very crusty. We had ordered La Brusca (their Bruchetta) as an appetizer. The presentation was beautiful. The colors were so clear and vibrant and it smelled delicious. The bread was toasted to a very distinct crunch and they did NOT skimp on their pesto. The tomato slices were thick. And piled on top were basil leaves and slices of fresh garlic. If you don't like nearly-break-your-teeth crunch, you can just let it set on the table for a little bit and let the toppings soften up the bread for you.

Almost immediately after, our main course had arrived. I had actually ordered the house gnocchi since I'd been craving it for a while. The two of us weren't TOO hungry nor were we big eaters, so we figured one main dish and an appetizer would be enough. No, the previous reviewers are NOT kidding when they say that the portions are HUGE. Even though the gnocchi was split for two people, it was definitely more than enough to eat. I can't imagine finishing it just as one dish per person. The gnocchi was clearly fresh and the entire dish was handled with care. The alfredo sauce wasn't too rich or to thin. And it was baked. Delicious. Everything smelled amazing in there.

The wine list is extensive and the waiters are all too happy to help you pick out the best wine to go with your meal.

Overall, a great experience definitely a return for my Italian food craving.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great place to have diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Had no reservation for a party of 5 but the nice lady asked us to wait a few minutes and got us a very nicetable. Good food, nice wine, quick and good service and good pricing! Its on our "next time again" list.

• Visited July 2013
“Oso Buco yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

so they had us a book on the menu , and I thought it was a great place to eat we had dessert there the night before and decided to come back for the spaghetti and Oso bucoonly one moon and back it was really busy and but a great place to eat but a great place to eat if you can't tell I dictated to this to my phone and type it I just too lazy to type on such a small keyboard thank you

• Visited July 2013