“Delicioso”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Fantastic Itailian lunch. We split a sausage and spinach pizza and a beautiful fish entree. The fish, in a fresh tomato and olive sauce was perfectly cooked. Great vege side and roasted potatoes. But oh my goodness, the pizza. So fantastic. Truly more than the sum of its parts. Hours later we're still talking about how great that meal was. Pretty little neighborhood restaurant near the water. Try this one whenever you find yourself in San Diego.

There are newer reviews for Pomodoro Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food here was italiano just the way you like it. We didn't have to wait for a table for four.
We were surprised to find they did not offer a children's menu, but we were able to have them split a meal.
The lasagna and eggplant parmesan were excellent. Our service and our meal were very good. We experienced a very small delay in placing our order due to a server mix up. Our server apologized several times and even treated us to a free dessert.
I would go back to eat here again and recommend it to our friends.

1  Thank camfam4
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

A place you will want to go back to again and again (really its that good). We were in SD for 10 days, had lunch twice and dinner there 3 times. Authentic Italiano, we sampled several items from the menu it was all very delicious. Service was terrific, you won't feel forgotten. The tables a little close together and it can be a bit noisy, but what's not to like, it makes you feel like you are in an Cafe in Italy.

1  Thank Vintage-Foodie
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Let's start with the dirty bathroom, cobwebs on the wall, should have stopped there.
Next, it was so noisy, I mean the noisiest place we have ever been, we couldn't even read the menu because we couldn't hear our selves think. Okay, so to the food, the bread was a tasteless flour bread, the sauce on the other hand seemed pretty fresh, with fresh garlic in it. The lady behind me in the both took off her shoes and had her feet up on the booth, gross!!!
To the meal, he order Linguine de Mar, and I order Gnocchi. The Linguine clams/mussels were not drained completely so the pasta dish was super watery, my Gnocchi, well I returned it, so salty and mushy. They returned with Ravioli (no can mess that up right) I asked for cheese, I got meat, again so salty and smoky flavored, not good either. So after all that we pay, go to leave and right next to our table a roach crawls right up the wall behind a picture, nice! The wall was literally 12 inches from me. So let's just say, we won't be back!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Drea2007
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food and friendly service minded staff. Do you love Italian cuisine then this is the right place for you.
The Dane