“Great sushi in central location”
Review of Tsuruya Sushi

Tsuruya Sushi
Ranked #1,553 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great sushi in central location”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We chose Tsuruya Sushi for lunch because it was on Rosecrans and there was clearly enough parking available. We discovered that the restaurant was well laid out, quiet, and comfortable. There were pictures of cranes on the wall in our area (tsuru means crane). The food was fresh and quite delicious. We had agedashi tofu, a caterpillar sushi with unagi and a coriander roll sushi. They were all very good. Service was pleasant and fast, and the prices were competitive. Tsuruya Sushi has a good thing going.

• Visited December 2013

San Diego, California, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sushi, great staff, great price!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've eaten at about 10-12 different sushi places in San Diego and came across this place by accident during lunchtime one day. The location is odd and parking is tight but with 50% off sushi specials and drink deals, you won't believe the tastiness you're having is less than $30 for two people!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lulu T
“Didn't want to go, but glad I did.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying I don't eat sushi at all, but when you're outnumbered 6 to 1, you go with the group. I had the spicy chicken dinner entree and it was very good. All my friends enjoyed the sushi and the service was pretty good. All in all, I walked in not wanting to be there and left feeling full and satisfied. Don't know how much the pint and a half size bottle of Asahi helped, but the fact remains: I'd go again.

• Visited May 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Good service, reasonable prices and no wait for lunch, but the food left me wanting something higher quality”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was disappointed overall. The decor, the atmosphere and even the service were nice, but the food just wasn't there, not even for the reasonable price. The rice in the sushi was a bit too sticky and the fish in all of our rolls (we got 4 different ones, 5 total) all seemed old; just not fresh. What really clued me in was the texture and the colors of the seafood - the textures were quite mushy and even mealy and the colors looked like they had been out for a while. I just did not like it enough to say I'd go back.

• Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida
“Friendly Staff and Good Sushi”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have eaten here quite a few times, and will be sure to do so again!

Visited May 2012