“Awesome Grub!”

Ranked #207 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Toasty hollow garlic bread with great pasta dishes, salads and cheese steaks stuffed inside!
Whistler, Canada
“Awesome Grub!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Carbs, Carbs, Carbs!!! The Spagehetti Carbonara Tor is to die for. Great little place just off Midway Drive near the old town. Stopped off for a quick bite and now feel like I could go a week before feeling the need to eat again. Perhaps I could suggest getting some other beverages apart from those made by Coca Cola as we don't personally enjoy sugary fizz all that much. Perhaps a nice milkshake or juice selection as an alternative?? Apart from this though, I would highly recommend it to anyone for some unorthodox, new cuisine!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Matt_Livingstone

San Diego, California
“2 Thumbs Up!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The torpastas here are fantastic - hollowed out french bread filled with your favorite pasta. This is the ideal place for a good carbo load! I highly recommend the carbonara. How can you go wrong with bacon?! They even let me add extra cheese and chicken! I tried my husbands alfredo one and it was also delicious. The service was quick and the people were very friendly. The prices are very reasonable. I don't think you would notice it was there unless you were looking for it, but it is a "must have."

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SanDiegoMomma
Forres, United Kingdom
“1st Class”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch as we wanted to try something new. They sere various types of pasta in a hollowed out sub roll with garlic butter. never had anything like it before and it was great. service was quick what you would expect from a diner and the food was great. We had carbonara in a sub roll.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Carlo198
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I ended up eating there twice myself. It was walking distance from our hotel, BUT I'd have no trouble driving a bit to eat there.

They are known for their Torpasta's... basically think of any pasta you like, but stuffed inside breading that holds it all together... looking a bit like a Torpedo...

Great idea, and it works wonderfully... between me and the family, I was able to try the Meatball with spaghetti, Macahelper, Tortellini in pesto, and Meat Lasagna Torpastas. All were very good. I thought the Lasagna and Tortellini in pesto were fantastic.

This concept would make a great food truck also! Torpasta's are super easy to eat and walk.. though we didn't try it... I have no doubt about this.

They also have some really good local beers on tap.... I loved this place.

Oh..we met the owner.. he was very friendly and great to talk to!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank superbford
Southern California
“What an amazing find!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Yesterday when I searched this site for an inexpensive place to eat near Humphrey's, I found this place. The food sounded so unusual I had to try it. My husband and I split a 12 inch sub of pesto pasta, sun dried tomatoes with shrimp, he had a beer with the whole tab being under $20! Food was FANTASTIC!!! I WILL be back!

1 Thank belindaesq