“2 Thumbs Up!”

Ranked #181 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Toasty hollow garlic bread with great pasta dishes, salads and cheese steaks stuffed inside!
San Diego, California
“2 Thumbs Up!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The torpastas here are fantastic - hollowed out french bread filled with your favorite pasta. This is the ideal place for a good carbo load! I highly recommend the carbonara. How can you go wrong with bacon?! They even let me add extra cheese and chicken! I tried my husbands alfredo one and it was also delicious. The service was quick and the people were very friendly. The prices are very reasonable. I don't think you would notice it was there unless you were looking for it, but it is a "must have."

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank SanDiegoMomma

Forres, United Kingdom
“1st Class”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stopped here for lunch as we wanted to try something new. They sere various types of pasta in a hollowed out sub roll with garlic butter. never had anything like it before and it was great. service was quick what you would expect from a diner and the food was great. We had carbonara in a sub roll.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Carlo198
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I ended up eating there twice myself. It was walking distance from our hotel, BUT I'd have no trouble driving a bit to eat there.

They are known for their Torpasta's... basically think of any pasta you like, but stuffed inside breading that holds it all together... looking a bit like a Torpedo...

Great idea, and it works wonderfully... between me and the family, I was able to try the Meatball with spaghetti, Macahelper, Tortellini in pesto, and Meat Lasagna Torpastas. All were very good. I thought the Lasagna and Tortellini in pesto were fantastic.

This concept would make a great food truck also! Torpasta's are super easy to eat and walk.. though we didn't try it... I have no doubt about this.

They also have some really good local beers on tap.... I loved this place.

Oh..we met the owner.. he was very friendly and great to talk to!

Visited August 2012
4 Thank superbford
Southern California
“What an amazing find!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Yesterday when I searched this site for an inexpensive place to eat near Humphrey's, I found this place. The food sounded so unusual I had to try it. My husband and I split a 12 inch sub of pesto pasta, sun dried tomatoes with shrimp, he had a beer with the whole tab being under $20! Food was FANTASTIC!!! I WILL be back!

1 Thank belindaesq
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian Bistro”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I ate there last night. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the price was perfect!

• Visited July 2012