“What a shambles”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 6th
Transit: One block from Trolley transit station on 5th and K street.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We ate here on recommendation and what a disappointment it was, we were looked after well by the busboy and the waitress but that is the best bit. The best of the food was a lobster bisque which was amazing. We ordered a special entree of fillet served 3 ways, the sauces were great but the fillets were cold. the whole time we were the Maitre d' was talking to the big spenders when he should have been noticing what was going on in the room. I e-mailled head office when we returned to the UK and was told that the manager of this Palm really wanted to 'reach out to me' and would be calling - he did this at his convenience which was in the middle of the night here, he left a message for me to call but I was so sore that he expected me to pick up the phone bill that I left things as they were.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good grief that thing was huge! And tasty. My wife and I went to San Diego just for this special dinner over Labor Day weekend. The service was exceptional. The drinks were exceptional. But we went for the Lobster. And that meal pretty much finished us off! Thank goodness we only had to walk back to our room across the street.

1  Thank Stricks
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sat in Bar area Saturday night. From the greeting when we entered, to the great service, to the perfectly prepared meal, this is a first class steakhouse. I Frequent the Palm in LV where Lynn treats us like family. Looking forward to visiting the Palm in SD much more often!! Don't miss this one when in SD

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a business dinner in San Diego with a very large group in a private room. Very good service handling all in our group. They worked out separate checks for everyone as well. I had a very nice Pinot Noir with dinner. Then I had an interesting crab cake appetizer, then a wonderful lobster bisque and the filet mignon medium rare. It came with a nice creamed spinach and mashed potatoes. Ended with a delicious cheesecake and coffee. Our group was loud but they handled us with good humor and good service. Not a cheap restaurant by any means, but a pleasant dining experience considering the size of our group.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was in San Diego for a conference. Eight of us went to the Palm for dinner. They placed us in a private room and our waiter was V. The setting was very comfortable and the service was excellent.

V first helped with the wine selection and then with appetizers. They provided a small selection of various appetizers. I appreciated the fact it was not a large quantity but rather just the right size to taste a few different appetizers.

The menu was pre arranged however, V allowed us to order whatever we wanted from the menu. I ordered the special beef tenderloin medallions cooked three ways. My husband got the NY strip. Both were very good. The group ordered a few sides. Mushrooms, the potatoes and onion rings and asparagus. The onion rings were good, very small and crunchy. I did not care for the potatoes that came in the onion rings. I think they are supposed to be home fries or something. They were like potato chips. Anyway, it comes on a big plate and there were plenty of the onion rings to satisfy my taste.

Desserts were very good as well. We split a double choc cake that was delicious and a cheesecake that was average.

All in all, we had an enjoyable evening. Service was great!