“Best Food in a very Hip place!”
Review of Suite and Tender - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 5th & Broadway
Transit: MTS Trolley Orange and Blue line 5th Ave. stop.
Description: Savor culinary delights and the gourmet Restaurant, 'Suite & Tender', is designed to delight foodies and the fashionable. In-room dining with dishes from California to the Asia Pacific in the the privacy and comfort of your suite is available. The restaurant is a more sophisticated take on a typical steakhouse, based on a gastro-tourism concept where diners have an opportunity to create an experience that is completely their own.
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The food was great and the staff was so friendly! The atmosphere of the restaurant is excellent!

There are newer reviews for Suite and Tender

Reviewed September 15, 2009

I first went for Sunday brunch two months ago...that had an amazing menu (although the endless champgane promised on the website proved to be false), the food was amazing. I went for brunch again this past Sunday, and the menu had changed, they had taken the best option off (it was a"Build your own benedict" with some amazing, outrageous options). The food was still good, but I no longer will say it is the best breakfast in SD.
I went for dinner that night (was staying at the hotel, and it was restaurant week). The food was average, nothing really stood out. The service was not good at all...although I think this was due to the fact that they were busier than they had been in a long time. I wouldn't go back unless there was some incentive...I would definitely not pay full price for the prix fixe menu I had during restaurant week.

Reviewed June 21, 2009

We went here on the recommendation of our consierge, he told us it was a new spot and the food was great. We were not disapointed, the food was great. It has a very trendy atmosphere, like many spots in San Diego. Our waitress was very attentive and really paid attention to the details, which I alway appreciate. There entree's kind of have a surf and turf theme, but not in the huge portions that you get most places that do this. You should order a number of courses, which we did, as they are all small. Before your entree arrives they bring out a tray of knives from around the world. My teenage son choose one made by porche, my wife one that was french with rose pettles in the handle and I choose a japanese knife. Go prepared to spend some money, it's not cheep, but was well worth every penny that we spent. We really enjoy the entire evening.

1  Thank alohatravler
Reviewed April 17, 2009

We were staying at the Se and dined at the Suite and Tender one night. It has a very cool and sophisticated vibe, with leather sofas and armchairs as well as trendy but comfortable seats in the restaurant. The lighting is subdued, and that plus the dark wood decor and the cool music makes it a great place for dinner.

Our server David was attentive and very friendly, and the service all the way through the evening was great.

Food is a very subjective issue, but we were delighted with our choices - as you would expect in a classy restaurant like this, the ingredients were all fresh and top quality, and they were cooked just right. My wife ordered the filet, and she is very awkward as she likes it half way between medium and medium well. The chef totally nailed it, and the steak was absolutely fabulous for flavour and texture. We both love steak and have eaten it all over the world, and up to now the best we have had is at the Exchange Grill at the Fairmont in Dubai. Well, they just lost their crown to the Suite and Tender at the Se in San Diego!

It was an expensive evening including wine, but we felt we had a great night and got good value for money with the quality of the food, the great service, the nice surroundings and the cool ambience. The choice of 12 different steak knives was an interesting feature.

If we are ever back in San Diego, we'll be having another steak at the Se!

1  Thank benmychree