“Really great staff & superb food”

Donovan's Steak and Chop House
Ranked #130 of 5,243 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th & K
Description: Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 300 wines features the best the world has to offer. Wine tasting dinners available.
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

We were a table of seven people for dinner
The menu was hi tech an illuminated screen which made it easy to read. Just as well as the lighting is quite low. This is a Steak restaurant however I did not feel like
Meat so I ordered a Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna extra rare. It was wonderful so fresh
and tasty. It came with Asparagus &Carrots
The menu actually had quite a variety of fish.

1  Thank Evelynne G

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Anniversary and I had a terrific experience at Donovan's ...From the reception to the tea order to entrees and the surprise anniversary dessert, everything was perfect. Thank you, Brandenburg, Jose, and Anthony!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Great classic steakhouse right in the center of the Gaslamp District. The Au Gratin potatoes were the best I've ever had. Tons of layers and cheese. Delilsh! Steaks were also very good. Prime aged. I'd definitely come back. Service was excellent and the dress code was pretty laid back which I liked. Overall an excellent experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The food was spectacular. The wait staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about how dishes are prepared. Everything was perfect! Must go

Reviewed August 13, 2017

This is the BEST filet mignon ever. The quality of the meat, taste and preparation produced the best tasting steak ever. I like to cook but I will never get the quality and taste of a steak that I had at Donovan's The service was great as well and enjoyed a wonderful meal and evening. If I am in San Diego I will definitely go to Donavan's for dinner.

Been to Donovan's Steak and Chop House? Share your experiences!