“I Drive from Northridge To S.D Just For Donavon's!”

Donovan's Steak and Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Donovan's Steak and Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th & K
Description: Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 300 wines features the best the world has to offer. Wine tasting dinners available.
Northridge CA
“I Drive from Northridge To S.D Just For Donavon's!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is absolutely the best steak house i have ever been to!! I have tried Ruth's , Morton's and so on... nothing comes close to Donovan!
Please come to LA!!!!

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great meal/service for our group of 10”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Had a really really nice time at Donovan's. It has a nice setting - great bar with windows overlooking the street. We had the private room and our servers were very attentive. The bacon-wrapped scallop apps were terrific but my lobster bisque didn't have any lobster in it. The flavor was nice but no lumps of meat. I had the crab legs as an entree and there were at least 6 on my plate - delicious. The sides were nice, nothing too amazing. But I really enjoyed my crème brulee and was very happy to see it was a good sized serving. Would eat here again for sure.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Top Shelf”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

took several members of my board to dinner. had a reservation and we were promptly seated. the waiter was outstanding. friendly, sense of humor but not over-bearing. really good menu - plenty of variety. food was served in a timely fashion and plenty of service to keep glasses filled, more drinks, bread, etc. food was outstanding. highly recommend the ribeye - as good as i have ever had. several people had fish which they reported as very tasty. this place is a bit pricey - but you know that walking in the door. highly recommend

1 Thank jon s
Sydney, Australia
“Set menu - HUGE meal!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was here with a large group booking so it had been organised that we would have 4 courses. The first course was a tasty salad to whet the appetite then came a delicious seafood chowder - and I knew how filling it was but kept eating it because it was really great. Then came the steak... not only was it truly enormous but it was cooked to perfection and such a beautiful flavour! I couldn't even finish half of it but enjoyed every bite. Dessert was lovely too (again only room for 1/2) and I have a big appetite!
Service was excellent also. I certainly recommend Donovans!

• Visited May 2013
Portland, Oregon
“One of the Best Filet I've had in recent years”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had had dinner at Donovan's while in San Diego and I must say the cooked one of the best filet I've ever had. I like my filet rare and they nailed it! For those of you that like it seared rare you know this is easier said than done, especially with a large group. The seasoning was great and the creme brulee for desert was huge and excellent. The veggies with the entree were cooked to perfection. The only thing I would not do again was the house salad. It practically just iceberg lettuce chopped small with a few pieces of tomato and a little grated carrots. I would definitely go back the next time I'm in town.

1 Thank hstriplin