“A very special evening”

Donovan's Steak and Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Donovan's Steak and Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th & K
Description: Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 300 wines features the best the world has to offer. Wine tasting dinners available.
Los Angeles
“A very special evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

After cocktails at Altitude Sky lounge (fab!), we absolutely fell in love with everything about this steakhouse. We loved our special corner table, the candlelight, the knowledgable sommelier, our A.Rafanelli wine, the best steaks ever and the creamy creme brûlée. We couldn't eat another bite but we most definitely didn't leave a single one on our plate either!!! Can hardly wait to return. Thanks to all for making his birthday dinner one of the best ever!

Visited September 2013
Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Donovan's Steak and Chop House, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hello Doggiemama3,

Thank you for the awesome review! I'm very glad you were able to fall in love with our atmosphere and food. I'm also very pleased that your trip was so memorable that we're now your favorite steakhouse! Thank you again for your feedback and business, it's greatly valued and appreciated. I hope you'll join us again soon!

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Blackwood, New Jersey
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent appetizer and drink choices. Nice atmosphere, service terrific! Recommendations made on both food and drink choices.

• Visited September 2013
Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Donovan's Steak and Chop House, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hello Linnym,

I'm very pleased to hear you enjoy our happy hour and had a wonderful time. I'm also very glad to hear the you enjoyed our restaurant and that service went above and beyond for you. Thank you for your kind feedback and business and I hope you'll join us again soon!

New York City, New York
“Phenomenal !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Simply the best steak I've had in the country .. coupled with outstanding service and wine pairing. Returning again when next in San Diego.

• Visited April 2013
Hello estaff154,

I'm very pleased to hear you are so enthusiastic about our steak! (I find it very good myself, but I think I'm biased). I'm also glad to hear that you plan on returning on your next trip out here. Thank you for your kind feedback and business and I hope we'll see you soon!

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were in San Diego for a day. Took a nice ride from the hotel and Donovan's Steak House was suggested by our driver. We decided to try it. The atmosphere was amazing! Our waiter Bobby was phenomenal! The food was so amazing. We had lobster tail as an appetizer that they cut into bites, then put back in the tail. Truly the best lobster ever! The entire meal to include the service was the best my family and I have ever had! I would recommend this to anyone who wants an outstanding meal and phenomenal service! Thank you. I will continue to rant and rave about how good everything was.

• Visited August 2013
Hello Stephani B,

I'm very pleased to hear that you had such a great evening at our San Diego location. I'm also glad to hear you have been ranting and raving about us! I'm not sure if you were aware, but we do have a location in Phoenix, AZ on 32nd st and Camelback (I know Sierra Vista is more south, but it's still closer than SD!). Thank you for your kind feedback and business and I hope you'll join us on your next trip!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“A pleasant visit at a busy time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was a dinner that we had planned to be our fancy meal for our honeymoon. Unfortunately, we did not know that it was during restaurant week, and while there was a convention going on. It was very noisy, and it took a bit to get seated- but from there, it got better. Our waiter was great- They gave us champagne to celebrate, and when he realized we didn't drink, brought out the best creme brule we've ever had instead! Our steak was amazing as well- and the au gratin potatoes were delicious too!

• Visited September 2012
Hello Ryan R,

I'm very pleased to hear that your night turned around and was fabulous at our San Diego location. I'm also very glad that the server was able to accommodate your celebration accordingly. Thank you for your kind feedback and business and I hope you'll dine with us again on your next trip!

jessicab@donovanssteakhouse.com

Been to Donovan's Steak and Chop House? Share your experiences!