“Great food and friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Donovan's Steak and Chop House

Donovan's Steak and Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Donovan's Steak and Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 4,699 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th & K
Description: Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 300 wines features the best the world has to offer. Wine tasting dinners available.
Los Angeles, California
“Great food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you're in the mood for a great steak in a relaxed environment try Donovan's. First good thing is that the steak actually comes with sides included. I highly recommend the potatoes au gratin. The staff is friendly and knowledgable.

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
MA
“Excellent steak, perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I held a dinner here for 15 guests and the staff did a great job, beginning with the booking of our private room. The raw bar was excellent, and I had one of the best NY strips and creme brulees I have ever tasted. The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable and professional, and their timing was always perfect. If you are looking for steak in San Diego, you shouldn't even consider going elsewhere.

• Visited June 2013
Long Beach, California
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I highly recommending splitting something. I was very hungry and couldn't finish my 8oz filet.

Great wine, filet, and super hot bread. YUM!

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“So glad I went”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friend had a Groupon and asked me if I would like to go. I drove and Valet parked right outside. Despite the traffic on the street it was an easy process. Our table wasn't ready and we went to the bar. I asked if they had Bombay Sapphire and was told "of course"! Loved that! The bar tender was the friendliest I have ever met, usually you have to wait and they are rushed. This guy was a 10. We were seated and the amazing service continued from there. We took our time and were never rushed. In fact, we were instructed to take as much time as we needed. We did :). I had the surf and turf and it was exquisite. My friend had fish and she raved. We both shared a crime brûlée. I really did eat too much but it was so good. I do not know what the actual bill was but I would go again in a heartbeat. In fact, I will take my husband next time. He loves a good steak. I loved the service and the food was tremendous. A great night because my friend and I could talk and catch up without interruption. Very well done.

Visited June 2013
Ventura, CA
“Best Steak in California”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Top notch steakhouse in San Diego. A group of 7 and we got the kings treatment. Complete gluten free menu for those in need. Lovely old style with 50/60 music in the background. Bone in New York cooked to perfection with awesome flavor. Seafood chowder that melts in your mouth. Piping hot fresh bread. Tuna tartar stack. They have a pres fix meal that includes soup or full salad, fillet and scampi and choice of dessert. About half our team did this. and loved it. Service was first class. Food was great. What more can I say?

• Visited June 2013