“Try those lambchops”

Donovan's Steak and Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Donovan's Steak and Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th & K
Description: Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 300 wines features the best the world has to offer. Wine tasting dinners available.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great steak house, we hosted a group upstairs for dinner and everyone was pleased. I would recommend the Cajun dusted lamb chops you can get them as an appetizer and they are enough for dinner. This one is expensive but worth it.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Expensive, but worth it. Try and find a coupon. There are always great deals. This place is classy, but not stuffy. I have been here for casual and formal dinners. Excellent food.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

A little pricey, but overall good value for money. Nice atmosphere and extremely hospitable staff and service. Can sit inside, or outside roadside, which is a blast for dinner!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were passing Donovans and were invited to join them for their early Happy Hour Cocktails. Well, one cocktail later (the Blue Cocktail) we slid back to the hotel and I went to bed!!! Boy…. that was some cocktail. Admittedly I hadn’t eaten but, after that, I’m not sure I was capable of eating!! However, after an hour’s kip I was ready to face the world again.

But, the place looked great and the staff were most hospitable and friendly. I’d love to go back some day for dinner as the menu looked great. Along with the Cocktails came wonderful nibbles to tempt you to eat. Shame the Cocktail was so strong, it would have been nice to have spent the evening in there instead of in my hotel room asleep!

So, beware people….. Strong Cocktails…!! But lovely! Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

A group of us went there for dinner on a business trip. The food is simply amazing and the service impeccable. It is conveniently located in the Gaslamp so if you're staying anywhere near there, it's easily accessible on foot.

I really cannot say enough good things about the place, but one thing is for sure, it is a bit on the pricey side so expect to pay premium for the excellent experience.

Been to Donovan's Steak and Chop House? Share your experiences!