“Convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brigantine

The Brigantine
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brigantine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A San Diego tradition since 1969, the Brigantine has received many accolades in our 40+ year history: "BEST SEAFOOD", "BEST CASUAL SEAFOOD", "BEST HAPPY HOUR", and even "BEST SWORDFISH IN THE WORLD", according to USA Today - just to name a few. Beautifully remodeled in early 2009, the Brigantine is well-known for the signature Clam Chowder, Grilled Swordfish, and Creme Brulee. The Brigantine is a favorite among locals for consistently fresh seafood, succulent steaks and grilled meats. Home to the America's Cup until 1995, Shelter Island is still the yachting center of San Diego. The Brigantine offers glimpses of this busy marina from the outdoor patio and semi-private banquet areas. The Point Loma Brigantine serves dinner 7 nights a week, and lunch Monday-Saturday. Join us for our signature Happy Hour.
Coto de Caza, California
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Food was good but not great. Service was good. Great bar for socializing. Overall a good choice. Parking is onsite.

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely upmarket seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Brigantine was a lovely place to have dinner with many seafood dishes. I had a selection of 3 small plates with jumbo lump crab cake, coctel del mar (tender broken shrimp, sweet red crab, diced avocado in spicy tomato lime marinade) and ahi poke wonton tacos. Three was quite greedy, two would have been enough but I was so pleased to be able to try new things.

We drank margaritas instead of wine and it was really nice to walk to Point Loma from our shelter Island hotel. The staff are very professional and the place is elegant. We would love to go there again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lizzie L
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had a craving for oysters Rockefeller and we came here! They were perfectally prepared.

They were very helpful with assisting my husband by providing elevator service for him. Thank you so much for everything,

Visited June 2014
“Service awful and not worth the price.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went here for our sons graduation diner. I heard good things about the place and was really looking forward to it. So I don't know where to start. First the calamari was very poor, small and overpriced. The same could be said about all the entress that were not fried fish. The service was extremely slow, I had to stop 3 different waiters to get my water refilled. I will never go back and would never recommend this place to anyone. There was a sports bar at the hotel we were staying at that had better seafood than this with cheaper prices. Be sure to look around before you go here.

• Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Birthday celebration just so so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

In SD for a birthday vacation, family decided the Brigantine would be a nice choice to celebrate together. The service was good, not great, and the food, was frankly no better than any chain seafood restaurant I'd eaten in before. I guess for the prices, I was just expecting more.. As a point of reference, I once ran the Top of the Market restaurant at the now defunct Fish Market restaurant here in PHX. The Brigantine, was more in line w/ the downstairs Fish Market than the upstairs as far as value, and service. I probably wouldn't go back, there's too many others to discover in San Diego. History, and reputation sometimes exceed necessity and reality.

Visited July 2013