“Flavor of the Area”
Review of The Brigantine

The Brigantine
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brigantine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A San Diego tradition since 1969, the Brigantine has received many accolades in our 40+ year history: "BEST SEAFOOD", "BEST CASUAL SEAFOOD", "BEST HAPPY HOUR", and even "BEST SWORDFISH IN THE WORLD", according to USA Today - just to name a few. Beautifully remodeled in early 2009, the Brigantine is well-known for the signature Clam Chowder, Grilled Swordfish, and Creme Brulee. The Brigantine is a favorite among locals for consistently fresh seafood, succulent steaks and grilled meats. Home to the America's Cup until 1995, Shelter Island is still the yachting center of San Diego. The Brigantine offers glimpses of this busy marina from the outdoor patio and semi-private banquet areas. The Point Loma Brigantine serves dinner 7 nights a week, and lunch Monday-Saturday. Join us for our signature Happy Hour.
LaMarque, Tx.
“Flavor of the Area”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and good food. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My wife and I each tried shrimp dishes and were well pleased. The crab cake appetizer was great way to start the meal. My only suggestion is that if you park in the adjacent parking lot, put in fifty cents in the meter, otherwise it will cost you $37.

Visited March 2014

“Very Good.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service and food. Lobster and swordfish were wonderful.... My wife and I really enjoyed the environment. Staff was very warm and friendly.

“Taco time ”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We went there on a suggestion from our hotel Humphrey's half moon inn. So we got a free appetizer sampler which was delicious. Followed by that I got calamari tacos and my girlfriend got shrimp tacos I took one star out because they brought me the wrong food but the service and food was both amazing so I would definetely recommend this place.

West Covina, California
“Stick with the oysters!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

By the time we got to the restaurant, we were ravenous!! We were told to sit anywhere so we sat outside. We were immediately served drinks and started with an order of a dozen oysters, they were AMAZING!!! Rivaled the oysters that we have in N. Bend/Coos Bay, OR. We moved onto their seared ahi tuna, it was dry and the smallest pieces we had ever seen. Then it was ceviche, there was more veggies than fish and shrimp. Lastly, we ordered the fried calamari, they had decent sized pieces but they were limp and soggy, all of them! We kept hoping for crispier pieces but there none. We would definitely go back for their oysters and their service was excellent, very friendly staff.

Visited March 2014
“Excellent find on Shelter Island”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

There are not a lot of places to eat on Shelter Island so was very pleased to find this place last night. The décor is outstanding and the place has a great atmosphere. Our waiter was very informed and provided great service. At first I thought the prices were a little on the high end however the quality of the food changed my mind. Portions were very generous and my meal was delicious. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant and would suggest that you make a reservation as you don't want to miss out on this.

• Visited March 2014