“Doesn't live up to the property”
Review of Amaya

Amaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Amaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #467 of 4,873 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carmel Country Road
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great waiter, Vladamir but food just mediocre. NIce patio area but limited breakfast menu. Staff was attending and outside view lovely.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Amaya is a beautiful restaurant at The Grand. The food is excellent, the service is both efficient and friendly, and the ambience is great. We all asked for a Cobb salad but with shrimps instead of chicken (we've done this before!), and it was really tasty - in fact our server thought they ought to put it on the menu! If the weather is warm, sit outside, as that is really a beautiful setting.

1  Thank ericmyra
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We recently took out of town guests to Amaya for a anniversary dinner. Disappointing.
We had reservations at 6:15 for four of us. We did not expect to be there till 8:45!
Our waiter took too long to bring the correct wine...and then our salad arrived a half hour later.
Our entrees were very good...despite taking too long to arrive. Not once did anyone come to our table and apologize for the delay! They did offer a comp. dessert for our guests anniversary. But,
Forgot to take it off our tab when the bill came.
I expected better from a restaurant that has such high ratings!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Splurged to take my wife to the Grand Del Mar Mother's Day Brunch. Costly mistake.
The $89 brunch actually costs $238 for 2! because of a mandatory 20% tip and tax.
The brunch is served in a stuffy banquet room with NO WINDOWS!
The staff was nonchalant and not attentive.
Had to wait 30 minutes to get my credit card processed. And then they overcharged me! It took me weeks to get the charge reversed.
Go to another place with a view of the beach!

1  Thank 92,008
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a very nice place. I'd give it 4.3 stars if there was a box for that. I don't give 5 unless everything is vitually perfect. My wife and I each had an appetizer, entree and desert. I had a margerita and my wife had two glasses of their house reisling. My drink was average, my wife's wine was excellent. The bread they bring you was very tasty but I'd prefer it to be slightly less salty. The lobster bisque and saute'd shrimp were excellent as was my lamb chops and her sea bass. My lamb shank was very good but not remarkable. Veggies were better than most places but not excellent (they rarely are in my picky opinion). Portions are not huge but that just left room for desert! Both my mango cheesecake and my wife's chocolate/peanut butter brownie type desert were excellent. Service was excellent though a mite slow but we were in no hurry. The staff was friendly and attentive. Beautiful dining area with fireplace going. We were at a table stationed in a breezeway connecting two rooms so it was a little noisier than we would have liked but not so bad we couldn't talk. It was a fairly busy night too so I'm sure that contributed to it. This restaurant is in the middle of a gated, half a billion dollar resort so it's the perfect place to take that special person or if you'd like to make a good impression on friends or business associates.