Tripadvisor

Himalayan Grill
Order Online
Ranked #1,207 of 5,820 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time for me and Indian food, this was certainly the best place to be exposed. Unassuming location in a shopping center, but the experience was totally positive. I was with a group that was familiar with this cuisine, which helped. The waiter was very helpful selecting the heat level for dishes and was very attentive....service overall was excellent. I ordered for myself at a lower heat level than my companions, but sampled everyone else's food as well. Everything I tried was delicious, especially their vegan dishes (the one with cheese and vegetables especially). My lamb tiki masala was memorable. Heartily recommend to anyone, even first timers. I intend to stop in again when I am back in San Diego.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed November 19, 2019

Nothing fancy but I really liked this place. We ordered off the menu (as opposed to buffet) and got a couple of excellent recommendations from our waiter who was very sweet. Loved the chai tea and special naan. Give this one a try!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Visited with a local friend who recommended the place. Came mid-afternoon for a late lunch, so the place was pretty quiet and food served promptly. Nice enough decor, with Tibetan prayer flags for an extra touch, and a TV playing silently with scenery from Nepal.

Got chatting to the waitress about having recently visited Nepal to trek to Everest Base Camp, and she came back a few minutes later to say they had put a video about Base Camp up on the TV, so I got to enjoy my meal whilst reminiscing as I watched the video footage of the scenic mountains silently playing in the back ground. Such a sweet gesture - I really loved watching it!

The food was fantastic - I ordered the Paneer Chilli, which is a great balance of flavours. You can grade how spicy you want your food (1-5) - I went with a 3 and it had a slight kick (for my relatively spice-tolerant caucasian palate), which was perfect. The garlic naan was ok, however a bit too thin and crispy for my liking (but to be fair my friend, who's a regular here, assures me this was a once off).

Would definitely return regularly if I didn't live on the other side of the world!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

We stopped here for some dinner. I had the veggie biryani which was amazing. The dishes are a little expensive, some do not seem worth the price compared to the portions, but everything was delicious!

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank X2465ELmelissag
Reviewed January 13, 2019

Great food and great service. This was a great first place to try Indian food. The service was fast and it wasn't busy which is always a plus in my book.

Date of visit: January 2019