“In the mood for pizza? Try Basic”
Review of Basic

Basic
Ranked #113 of 4,771 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Raleigh, North Carolina
“In the mood for pizza? Try Basic”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I absolutely love a good pizza. We grew up outside Philly and spent a bit of time in NYC, so good Northeast pizza is the standard. We also found some awesome pizzeria's in Rome - totally different style of pizza there. Basic serves up what I'd call a Roman style pizza with the flavors of the Northeast pizza baked in. Hard to describe entirely so go give it a try to see for yourself. Enjoy!

Visited July 2013

Toronto
“Basic is good value”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We took our 2 teenagers here our last night in San Diego.Lots of food for the price.The salad is good.A little to much cheese.Next time will we ask for less.It is very good but not excellent.

Perth, Australia
“Amazing Pizza.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Due to the number 1 rating on TA, i was determined to try the pizza from Basic. Judging by the crowd of people there and the wait to get pizza to go, I'm guessing so were a number of other people. The pizza was incredible! I honestly could not fault the experience in any way.
The bartender was very friendly when taking my order, and kept me updated during the significant wait. The rest of the bar staff were all happy and talkative as they walked past.
I'm not quite sure how a pizza place is number 1 on TA, as I'm sure that there has to be some better restaurants, however if you are in San Diego and feel like a great pizza at a reasonable price, Basic is the place.

San Diego, California
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

There is no question that the Pizza here is fantastic, but im not sure why this would be ranked the number 1 restaurant in San Diego, there are a lot more options and places which offer far superior food.

Basic Pizza is all about having Pizza and beer and some after work drinks, overall its a great hang out spot, but not somewhere i would want to go for a nice relaxing dinner.

The one in downtown takes on a different crowd when the Padres game is on.

• Visited June 2013
“Surprised!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are staying on the bay front and attending a conference. I looked up restaurants on Trip Advisor and found Basic Pizza was close by and rated #1 in SD. We were really excited about going to the #1 place to eat and were expecting some out of this world pizza there. I will have to say we were a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong the pizza was good, but I was very surprised that this is rated #1. I have eaten better pizza at home in Missouri.
The service is very good and fun atmosphere.