“Worth a trip”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews & we decided to make a trip.
We ordered the mashed potato pizza & it is worth it.
Big pizza for a "small".
Service at the bar was good.
The venue has a cool vibe.
Nice vaulted ceilings.

Only draw back is the alcohol pricing. It would be nice to have a good draft beer for a good price. I understand higher pricing for late night club atmosphere. But if you just want a pizza it's a bit high.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The industrial decor and ambience was just up my street...and more importantly the pizza was excellent.

Great service, good value.

Probably my favourite restaurant in downtown San Diego.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by this place based on TripAdvisor ratings. I can confirm they are dead on. The salad was fantastic. And the pizza comes in white or red with sseveral fresh toppings available. If you have ever been to Deweys you will feel tight at home. Give this place a try. Great place to grab a drink as well

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I found this restaurant in tripadvisor. I went with my wife before a Padres game on may 4th 2013.
From the outside, it doesn't look like much. Stepping into the place, it doesn't look much better.
However, we were well treated by the staff, and the pizza was delicious!
I urge you, if you're in the San Diego area of visiting, to try Basic's pizza only once. Once you taste it, you won't forget it.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

best pizza i've ever had was the mashed potato pizza at basic!! we went on a thurs night and the place wasnt that busy so we sat at the bar and enjoyed some great craft beers and the mashed potato pizza which was sooooo good!!!
we went back saturday and it was totally a different scene! line ups out the door and club wear! the pizza place was turned into a night club and was PACKED! we noticed the girls were going to the front of the line and flirted a bit and got right in, so thats what we did and got past the line. its a lot of fun, u should def go check it out !