“nice”

Mingei International Museum
Ranked #92 of 452 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: A museum of folk crafts with a variety of displays that run the gamut from textiles and toys to painting and sculpture.
Reviewed March 15, 2012

is a nice big museum for you and the whole family, just try going once, you can't see all in one day

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"palace"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We really enjoyed the Mingei Museum. Great set of exhibits and friendly and knowledgeable docents. Make this your first stop in Balboa Park!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Unfortunately this museum is not on the top of my list because we always travel with our service dog and we were asked too many questions at the door. This left sour note on the rest of the day. I really think that since this museum is in the heart of a major city they should know the guidelines of the Ada and inform their employees accordingly. Plus this museum did not have much to offer. We were impressed with the artwork downstairs, but that was about all.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Spent about 2 hours in here, much of it viewing the Palace for Wednesday and the other dollhouse in that space. Both have videos to accompany them and are irresistable if you like miniatures.

Find a coupon on the Balboa Park website.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I went through the Mingei quite quickly in September on the "5 musuems in a day"pass and wished I had had much more time. It had awesome and interesting displays and the docent was unsurpassed in her willingness to help me out and answer my questions. I intend to return on a future visit and spend more time in this museum!