“Just ok”

Museum of Photographic Arts (MoPA)
Ranked #128 of 451 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum of Photographic Arts is one of the only museums in the country dedicated exclusively to the photographic arts, presenting work by some of the world's most celebrated photographers and cinematographers in its spacious new galleries and state-of-the-art 228 seat theater. MoPA is located in beautiful Balboa Park near downtown San Diego.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I enjoyed looking at the photos on exhibit, but the museum is rather small. It is about 3 rooms on one floor. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. It's ok to visit if you are solo, but if you are in a group I would pass because of the cost of admission.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We visited this museum often when we lived in San Diego. It is beautiful, and with two or three exhibitions at a time. Something for everyone.

1  Thank Jeni B
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I wet with a friend and had a great time everything was so great, in fact all the museums we visited, it was a long time since I went there the last time...

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My son and I visited the museum during our trip this year to San Diego. The photographs were great, presentation of the art well done, even despite the relatively small venue. It is worth the admission given the quality of the work. They have an interesting feature focused on crowd sourcing their next exhibit. They have a Surface device that allows you to review and rate various works. As you progress through the works, you earn badges. You can see the ratings summary for all of the works. Interesting use of technology and social media to design an exhibit. Worth a visit.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

A little gem. If you have an hour or two, visit! The photography is interesting and well done, and each exhibit is tied together nicely.