“Excelent and a fun value.”

San Diego Automotive Museum
Ranked #91 of 451 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Magnificent display of vintage automobiles and motorcycles including a 1927 Bentley, 1931 Rolls Royce Phaeton and Steve McQueen's 1953 Allard.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

First the location is in breathtaking Balboa park. So there is something for everyone in this trip. The auto museum is small, so it wont take long and the price is small so it wont break the bank.

We spent less than hour and felt we saw it all.

My uncle is a gear head. So he was in love with what he saw.
They have cars on laon from around the world, so you will see a spectrum of automotive history.

In the back they have an impressive collection of motorcycles that is not to be missed. It was just as enjoying as the cars.

There are exhibits for kids as well, and they were not an afterthought.

AAA discounts are also offered and that was a nice perk.

No need to take a car, there is a buss that takes you from Downtown San Diego.
Enjoy!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Cheap enrty price, half price for military members and families. Awesome collection of cars and motorcycles. Small gift shop, but that's not the real draw of the exhibit. They have Louie Mattis's car and the story behind it is fascinating. Go see this if you have a car nut in the group.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Cute little museum great display for its size. Super knowledgeable staff and friendly. We had fun. They have a pretty good display of motorcycles and a small but cute library too. We loved the few antiques they had

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I can't help but return to this museum, being a gearhead and amateur drag racer. The cars always grab my eye, but this visit held two surprises. The first surprise came as I pulled into my parking space, and saw the banner for the Lowrider Exhibit. The second surprise came as l was checking out the motorcycle display, and ran across a motorcycle that had belonged to the late, great Steve McQueen! l did check out the display of Lowriders, and though not my cup of tea, the workmanship, and love that these owners have for their cars is awesome - l just can't see myself driving one down a drag strip.

Docents are great, friendly, helpful, and gearheads. The descriptions of each vehicle are quite complete, and are also in Spanish for those who habla.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My sister is married to an auto mechanic, and was less than thrilled when I wanted to go to the Automotive Museum. I was attracted by the lowrider exhibit. Both of us were beside ourselves with how terrific this exhibit is. What an art form lowriders are! Exhibit is there until June. They also have a nice collection of motorcycles and cars.