“Clean. Close to SDSU”

Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area
Ranked #218 of 278 Hotels in San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was adequate and reasonably clean, though a bit high-priced. Part of the hotel was under renovation and was rather unsightly.

However, this is the first time I have ever encountered a situation where the hotel would charge $15 per hour for a late checkout after the 11:00 checkout time (and I travel a great deal). I was astounded! There was no attempt to accommodate our request for one more hour, other than for us to pay. We ended up checking out early in the morning for our event rather than to return and pay the late checkout fee. To top it all off, although I could see the worker had put out some items for breakfast, he would not let me in at 6:00 because "Breakfast doesn't start until 6:30." Again, no effort to go the extra mile or to be helpful. I will choose some other accommodation the next time I am in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My original reservations with another Wyndham Hotel was cancelled by error on their part and they had no available rooms available and refused to assist me in finding lodging for my family. I then went to Holiday Inn. They had no available rooms but recommended the Howard Johnson. Thanks to the Holiday Inn and Howard Johnson I was able to secure a room for the night for my family. As a result in the future Howard Johnson and Holiday Inn will get be my preferred hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Lodge Of La Mesa
Lodge Of La Mesa
#5 of 8 in La Mesa
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa

Been to Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area

Property: Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area
Address: 6440 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115-2645
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #218 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area 2*
Newly Remodeled Rooms with Flat Screen LED TV.Walking distance to SDSU (San Diego State University), a block away from major shopping center and restaurants & bars. Very easy access to I-8 highway and very convenient location. 24 hour front desk, free Continental Breakfast & Wifi in all rooms and a large swimming pool and guest laundry facility available. Free Bus and Truck Parking also available. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn San Diego State University Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn - San Diego Hotel San Diego