“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Wisconsin
“Great Stay”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I was at the Indigo for both business and pleasure in the same trip. I must say I thought the hotel was tremendous. However, I will note that when I stay at hotels in cities, I want them to be comfortable, but I'm less concerned about views, etc. as others may be as I prefer to spend most of my time in the city outside of the hotel.

When I checked in I was alone as that was the business portion of the trip and my wife was not going to joint me until the next day. I'd booked through hotwire, so was given a room with 2 queens. I asked for a room with 1 king, but was told they were full that night, but I should check back the next day. I checked back the next day, and they very kindly switched me to a different room.

The room was very comfortable and the service that I received, particularly the valet, was fantastic. They gave my wife and I a great recommendation on a dinner venue and were always quite friendly.

The location of the hotel is really what we loved the most. Its close enough to the action that its a short walk to bars, restaurants, shopping, but really sits on the fringe of the gaslamp allowing a bit more peace and quite. We were also able to walk to the zoo, the harbor and little Italy, all with ease.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2010

First of all this hotel is absolutely gorgeous! The room was wonderful, the bed was so comfortable, the location is perfect, the food is amazing at the restaurant! I would reccomend the 9th floor patio bar as it has stunning views, wonderful staff, flat screen tvs, beautiful fire places! I accidentally left my camera up there on Friday night and the staff left it with the front desk and it was returned to me before I had even noticed I had lost it!
The location is perfect for shopping, eating out at all the amazing restaurants near by and there are sooo many options of great bars to visit within a minute walk!
Although this hotel is stunning in appearance in all ways, nothing compares to its wonderful staff. One girl at the front desk, Peyton, who checked us in looked after us so well the whole time! She was wonderful, along with the rest of the staff there. So friendly and easy to chat with. It is so nice to feel like you can approach any one to ask a quesiton and they are so eager and happy to assist.

Way to go guys. This is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure to stay in.

THANKS!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
dspangle
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I've attended an annual seminar at the SD convention center and found Indigo while looking for hotels that minimize their carbon footprint (I always feel wasteful when I travel). I was surprised it only had 3 stars compared to the overwhelmingly fake, awkward, and inconvenient "W" hotel.
I watched Sunday football in the bright, airy lobby-bar and found great company with the attractive staff who had great advice for recreation, and shared interesting knowledge of the hotel and ball park. So great to meet such a well-trained team of young professionals like Peyton and David.

I'll be back during Baseball season to experience the amazing view of Padres games from their terrace.

Parking was a bit steep at $34, so I found a nearby pay lot to save cash to blow on the awesome nightlife. Card access for elevator was annoying, but I imagine it keeps out squatters during Padre games.

The East Village location is the only place in the city free of dangerous looking characters, but still close to EVERYTHING. The MOD recommended a bowling alley for socializing, and it was surprisingly hip and a great place to meet people.

Loved K-cup coffee ammenity, wished there were more caffinated pods. Ipads on the front desk were fun to use while planning out your excursions. Wont stay anywhere else!

1 Thank dspangle
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2010

All-in-all, indigo is pretty good hotel for the class and cost (if you get a deal through the likes of Skoosh, etc.) But for us there in lay the issue. Booked our queen/king room with city view through an agency at a reduced rate but contacted the hotel to ask for a king as we were staying as part of our honeymoon. Arrived to a poor room near the ice and vending machines with weak views that had two small queen beds. Immediately asked Dieter, the most surly receptionist I've ever had the misfortune of meeting, to move us but ge said it was an agency booking and wouldn't do anything about it. Tried to appeal his humane side by stressing we were honeymooning but he didn't have one!

Other staff were laid back but friendly and the rooms were good for a three star. The location was only four blocks from the main action and the roof terrace bar was good. Breakfast was ok too if a bit small by US standards.

So not bad overall, but sadly our friend on reception means we'll look elsewhere next time we're in this great town.

• Stayed October 2010
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Fantastic location, staff awesome, room outstanding. I would rate as a 5* hotel, by far the best I've stayed in in the states.

• Stayed September 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 15, 2010

On such a late notice trip to SD and over Comicon weekend no less, I knew every hotel in the city would either be fully booked or ridiculously expensive. So I was a little cuatious about the Hotel Indigo being available and affordable, I mean a Super 8 in El Cajon was charging $360/night!!!

Needless to say I was extremely relieved upon arrival at this fantastic hotel!! The Indigo exceeded all of my expectations.
-They have excellent friendly & cute staff members.
-The rooms are clean, modern and comfortable.
-Hotel is EXTREMELY pet friendly!!! :)
-Beds are super comfy.
-Loved the hardwood floors.
-Great views from room (especially if you're a baseball fan as you can see right into Petco Park)
-Really cute steam shower.
-Trendy and cool lounge/restaurant.
-Great vibe throughout the property.

The only complaint I had was about the wait for the valet. Upon check-out, my car had been blocked in by a staff members car and we had to wait 15min for the car to be moved. Otherwise, my stay at the Indigo was flawless and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is a great choice! Everything is accessible - including beautiful runs / walks near the Convention Center and marina. Keefe at the front desk offered wonderful and professional service and the lobby bar is friendly and responsive. For those with allergies, be aware that the hotel DOES allow pets, though most of the floor was hardwood, so it should be OK for most. I'm allergic to cats and had no issues. Enjoy the food - there's a Nobu in walking distance!