“Perfect hotel experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Hampshire
“Perfect hotel experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

Just returned from a San Diego vacation that included six nights at this hotel. Everything was perfect. The room and amenities were modern and welcoming, and housekeeping kept everything spotless. No noise at night- we slept peacefully. We didn't rent a car, so the close trolley stop ("Park and Market" location) and great breakfast spot nearby (quick walk to "Cafe 222"- fantastic!) were more than welcome. At check-out the staff assisted us in hailing a cab. Also, we were without a computer, but the ones in the lobby area were complimentary and staff helped us print out tickets to events. Monica- one of the front desk employees- was always going above and beyond for us. Can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed November 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bostonyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

Recently opened, the decor everywhere in the building is top notch and stunning.

Absolutely every staff member we met had a welcoming smile and was eager to please. They will not only recommend a great place to eat (Broken Yoke for breakfast was our favorite), but give you directions, or call a cab while you check out and watch for it for you.

We stayed Halloween weekend and aside from the Monster Bash going on a few blocks away, our room (and the entire hotel) was quiet and offered a great night's sleep. The pillows and beds were dreamy and comfortable.

My favorite touch was the rich chocolate paint in the bathroom that complimented the colors of the vanity and floor wonderfully. (we were on the 11th floor, the first few floors have blue bathrooms)

My only suggestion is to have housekeeping pay closer attention to cleaning the OUTSIDE of the toilet bowl, the window, as well as changing the coffee filter and supplies.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cycosue
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

I only have one word for this hotel - PHENOMONAL! Ok, maybe I'll add a few more: amazing, beautiful, incredible, gorgeous, comfortable, pet-friendly, eco-friendly, attentive to detail, outstanding service!

I tried out the brand new Hotel Indigo in San Diego over Halloween weekend for my annual "girls trip" with my friends from college. We all flew in from different cities, and one of my friends arrived several hours before me. I called the hotel and notified them that her flight would be getting in before me and asked if she would be allowed to check in - even though the reservation was in my name. The took all of her information and greeted her with open arms.

When the rest of us arrived, we were greeted by name (how did they know it was us?) by saying "You must be the girls from Georgia and Wisconsin!" WOW! We got up to our room and it was beautiful! Rich full color, hardwood floors, large LCD plasma tv (not that we ever turned it on), and the best part of it all - Aveda bath products! (the same stuff I actually use at home!)

While reading a little about the hotel in the in-room info, this hotel is the first LEED certified hotel for it's brand. They have so many great eco-friendly ammenities: recycling in the room, keep your sheets and towel program if you don't need them washed every day, hardwood floors for better air quality and many, many more things.

They have a great 9th floor outdoor Phi Terrace bar where you can oversee San Diego harbor and the Gas Lamp district. It has a great environment embracing all of the elements of nature: fire with great fire pits, water with a beautiful reflecting pool, earth with incredible stone work and air with the open air terrace. They also have a wonderful restaurant and bar on the first floor that has large full-wall windows that open up - so you can experience the wonderful San Diego weather!

Another thing that wins my heart over - they are pet-friendly! There were many, many people with dogs in the hotel and the dogs are welcomed just as if they are a member of the family. They have a canine cocktail hour with happy hour specials for the two-legged guests and free dog cookies and bowls of water for the four-legged guests! I've never seen such happy pooches!

What can I say about the service? EVERY employee (or inbassadors as they are called) greeted us with warm 'welcome homes' every time we walked in, smiled, answered any questions we had, gave excellent recommendations of things to do in town and were genuine service providors! KUDOS to this team!!

My favorite part of the entire trip would have to be Sandie - the Hotel Indigo mascot. She is a rescued dog from a local shelter who makes her home at Hotel Indigo. She greets the guests, likes to help check people in, and will do anything for a scratch!

I will DEFINITELY be back to the Hotel Indigo San Diego! An amazing place in a great city!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

I loved the decor. This hotel has just the right amount of class and sophistication balanced with the perfect amount of comfort. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful, but special kudos go to the guys that worked the door/valet. The terrace on 9th floor is pretty cool, but I never saw a crowd. They mix a good drink, and the view is very nice, but you've got to bring the good times.

The place is brand new. And while it's pet friendly, you'd never know it from the cleanliness. If I were going to stay in a San Diego hotel again, this would be it. Everything you need for entertainment and quick access to transportation options are all within walking distance, but the closest neighbors are quiet new construction condos.

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Laguna Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

I am a professional DMC from the Orange County area and went to Indigo to experience first hand what this new hotel has to offer to any future clients. I was not expecting much but from the start was totally surprise at the professional staff.
The front desk staff of Darren and Dieter greeted me with all my questions answered before I even asked them. I was guided to my room along with a great tour of the hotel. The location is perfect for groups as they can walk to the Gaslamp district dining,shopping,and seaport all within blocks of Indigo.
A must for anyone who seeks a weekend of not only fun in the sun but total package. The rooftop bar is great the food very good and again the staff is beyond your wildest expectations. I will make this a go-to venue and will recommend this to groups in the future as well as individuals who seek a venue sans any means of transportation other than ones own feet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank crater55
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

When my son's wedding was hitting a problem, Darren and Kimberly put the staff to work and delivered an outstanding experience. Between noon and 4 pm, they transformed the terrace into a great wedding setting for our small group and provided so much more on short notice.

Not only have they gained a customer for life, I will always rave about them to others. Is there any advertising better than that? I would have rated the service higher but had to stop at the 5.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

Traveled to San Diego with our 2 dogs, Hotel allows pets at no extra cost, plus there is Petco park 2 blocks away, where you can walk them. Hotel is very classy.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends