Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Pendry San Diego(San Diego)
  • Pool
Andaz San Diego(San Diego)
1,844 results
All reviewsrooftop barpetco parkgaslamp quarterhardwood floorsaveda productsgreat hoteleast villagedog friendly hotelbaseball stadiumkeurig coffee makervalet parkingconvention centerball parkbars and restaurantswithin walking distancemodern hotelvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great boutique hotel in a quiet and somewhat tug-away location - almost right in front (or behind) the Petco Park on 9th Avenue at Island Street, just a few short blocks to the heart of Gaslamp district. Wonderful decoration of this hotel... modern and chic. Spacious room and contemporary furnishings. Pet-friendly as well! Everything is well appointed. The only drawback is it doesn't have a club floor for premier members which would have been nice.

Overall no problems or complaints about the stay, the only minor thing is my colleague got a upgrade to SUITE for not being a premium member and as an "ambassador" member, I was not even told there was an upgrade option!

Room Tip: Get a room on higher floor so you can have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

SanFranExplorer,
Thank you for writing a lovely review about our Hotel Indigo! I am pleased to hear that the location was convenient and that you fancied the décor. I am so sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate a complimentary upgrade for you. We strive to ensure our IHG Reward Members, especially our Ambassadors, have an exceptional stay with us.
Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed with my wife for 3 nights in early May this year. The facilities are very good the room was spacious and has a lot of natural light. The hotel is a few steps from the Padres stadium. The Hotel staff is remarkably kind and helpful. We had a good time at this hotel and we recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times when the prices aren't outrageously expensive. The rooms are very spacious and modern, and unlike Holiday Inns, the beds are very comfortable. There are some great views of downtown San Diego or the baseball stadium depending on where your room is.

One thing to keep in mind is that there is no self parking lot there, only valet. Valet is $41 even for me as a platinum member. There is street parking if you find it, but need to pay close attention to the signs as there is street sweeping every day in different areas, and you WILL get a ticket. There is a regular parking lot 1 block west, but its still a pay lot.

The staff is very nice there and actually pay attention to customers which is totally evident.

Overall, great place to stay just a couple blocks away from the middle of the gaslamp area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I felt compelled to write a long overdue review of this hotel after being very disappointed with my stay there in 2010. With much anticipation and excitement to stay at this highly rated boutique hotel, it all started with the front desk. The staff was rude and practically ignored me while I stood at the front desk, with no line, waiting to check in. My first nights sleep was interrupted several times due to an unattended barking dog. When I complained about the situation, they did nothing to accommodate me or offer to change my room. The icing on the cake came with the outrageous parking fees added to my bill. The only nice thing I have to say is that the room decor and ambiance was beautiful and the bed was adorned with luxurious bedding but I didn't get to enjoy it due to the barking dog. The best part of my stay was the very friendly parking attendant who went out of his way to make sure that I was attended to. If you're traveling with your furry companions, this is a great dog friendly hotel. I have a furry companion too but he stays home with the kids when I travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank classyandchic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear classyandchic,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we have failed to meet some of your expectations, particularly with the service you received from our hotel staff and with the noise levels. I appreciate that you have brought this to our attention for this will help us identify weaknesses that needs to be addressed. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to consider making improvements where necessary.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope you give us the chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Lovely modern hotel just steps from Petco Field and the Gaslight district in San Diego. The staff was very nice and the rooms were surprisingly large. The bathrooms were also quite large and well kept. We were very comfortable at this hotel and found walking around San Diego from the hotel a breeze. We didn't want to pay the huge valet fee, but the staff was very accommodating in telling us where we could find free or other cheaper pay parking. Plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, too. I would stay here again and will look for Indigo hotels in other locations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple