“Perfect room, excellent location!”

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #36 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated between Petco Park and the Gaslamp Distrinct. We were actually give a few right into the ballpark which was pretty cool. And with only a few easy walking blocks to the heart of the Gaslamp, there was no shortage of bars and restaurant options. Room was clean, modern and staff was accommodating, exactly what I was expecting based on reviews I read.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Racheltravels_29

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your positive experience at our property. I am extremely pleased to hear our location and staff was accommodating and they you were provided a fantastic view for your stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here 5 nights last week for a meeting being held at a large hotel in the Harbor area. This smaller boutique hotel's staff was always helpful. I asked for an upper level room overlooking Petco Park and was cheerfully obliged. The room décor is modern, but comfortable and , other than the occasional roar of the baseball fans( which I loved) for 3 of the nights during Padres games, the hotel was very quiet.
The hotel is a couple of blocks from the Gaslamp Quarter, with many restaurants and shops, and a 20 minute walk to the Harbor area and Convention Center.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking Petco Park are not near the ice machines on even numbered floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Pam F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about our Hotel Indigo! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the room and location accommodating. It is great news we were able to meet your request of a Petco Park view room. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and overall it was excellent.
Our standard room was large enough with nice quiet a/c, huge bed, great shower and fresh decor.
There was an issue with noisy neighbours on our first night through the linked room which after two complaints to the front desk, was resolved without fuss by security.
The bar on the 9th floor was a highlight with big fire puta and heat lamps making sure it was always warm. Great view of Petco park for Padres games too.
We didn't bring our dog on this trip but I've never been anywhere with facilities like this, treats, water and #2 facilities on a nice lawned area on the roof terrace.
Valet parking is expensive at $40pn, I would recommend 'park it on market' for $15/24h around the corner.
I will definitely be visiting this great city again and this hotel will be at the top of my list.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Edward R,

What wonderful words about our Hotel Indigo! Thank you for taking the time and leaving such positive feedback. I am thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace and that you found our location and our rooms accommodating. We cannot wait to see you again in the future! Next time, be sure to bring your furry family members! As you can see, we are extremely welcoming to them to!

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This was not my first stay at the Hotel Indigo and it certainly will not be my last. The location is perfect, close enough to all of the activity without being in the thick of all the chaos. It is clean, the staff is excellent, and the rooms are comfortable and modern. The views of Petco park from both the rooms and the 7th floor bar are amazing; my dog loves to look out of the floor to ceiling windows and admire it too! This is the most pet friendly hotel I have ever stayed in and they even have a yappy hour at the bar. My only complaint is they no not provide bathrobes, but I can overlook it because of all it's other wonderful features. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2014

Mockett,

Thank you for stopping by and providing us with those wonderful words about our Hotel Indigo! I am ecstatic to hear that both you and your dog enjoyed your stay and that you found the room and location accommodating. We look forward to seeing you both again in the future!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed on 11th floor...room was neat...very modern...bathroom amenities were very good...opened the window to a view of petco park...staff excellent...needed coffee and they came in 2 minutes...bed was comfortable...highly recommend

Room Tip: High Floor on the perco field side
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anurag A
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We only stayed one night here, but it was just perfect. It's hard to say why, I mean it's not the Four Seasons. But the vibe was just perfect. it's bright and cheerful and wonderful staff, and the lobby bar/restaurant had a great hip feel. It was oddly fun seeing the baseball stadium from our room, and there's a sandwich I had for lunch that i'm actually going to mention: grilled mozzarella with chicken on french bread. That's rare, that you rave about a lunch...

Room Tip: We paid just $199,
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank comedywriter14
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We booked one night at this hotel based upon our wonderful Hotel Indigo London-Kensington experience. The room, amenities, breakfast, and comfort were superior in London. Hotel Indigo San Diego is very average. The location is great. We had a city view and could see the baseball field. That's where it stops.

The room was very small, the mattress was low grade, as was the bedding. I expected the same bathroom extras to be there: q-tips, cotton, hair band, etc...nope, not available. AND NO FRIDGE!! For a $10 fee we could have had one. It was very noisy; I could hear every conversation walking down the hall. They did have a Keurig coffee maker in the roon with one kcup of reg coffee, one decaf, and two teas. I recommend you go to front desk and ask for extras with extra sugars and cream as they only give you two of those as well.

Breakfast was included but only up to a certain dollar amount. In London, we could order what we pleased, as much as we pleased. In London we had free soft drinks, snacks, and bottled water in our fridge: it was not an honor bar. Not in San Diego.

I would not stay here again. Next time we will return to the Marriott several blocks from the Gaslamp quarter. My mistake for assuming Hotel Indigo is consistent.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mfox12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Mfox12,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate the location of our hotel. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize we fell short of your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely hope you stay with us again in the future so we can show you just how exceptional we can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C