Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$181
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$262
$169
$662
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$219
$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$213
$159
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
1,844 results
All reviewsrooftop barpetco parkgaslamp quarterhardwood floorsaveda productsgreat hoteleast villagedog friendly hotelbaseball stadiumkeurig coffee makervalet parkingconvention centerball parkbars and restaurantswithin walking distancemodern hotelvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Attending yet another conference at the San Diego convention center, I came across the Hotel Indigo from ratings here, looking for a reasonably priced option of more the boutique size (not one of the massive chain hotels nearby), and we very pleased.
Yes, it is a bit on the far edge of the Gaslamp district on 9th Ave (just a block or so up from the ballpark, actually I think it’s officially the “East Village”), but even so it's still just a 10 minute walk to the convention center and maybe 15 to the Manchester Grand Hyatt on the other end of the strip…this area is very walkable. There's a CVS for general supplies just a couple of blocks away, and all the restaurants and clubs of the Gaslamp too.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the room. It's modern (i.e. not old tired big hotel room with carpeting and standard tub/shower) without being ultramodern and cold (it had a hardwood floor with area rug). The layout is very spacious -- wide entry with side table and Keurig coffee/tea maker, lots of floor space. The bathroom was very spacious, lots of counter space, and a large modern shower with glass door (stone/tile, not that cheap tub material shower stall) that could fit 2 people almost. Also, the bathroom mirror doesn't fog up (must be well ventilated), and there are Aveda bath products.
The closet is perhaps a bit snug (just large enough to open the suitcase stand inside and store your bag, plus hang your clothes. And there's the iron, ironing board, and a handy safe.
You can control the temperature with the thermostat on the wall, and wifi was included (a little slow for watching video perhaps, but generally quite functional).
I didn't try the food, or use the exercise room, but they are there.
Overall, I can't find anything to complain about here (though I might imagine it could be noisy and very busy during game days), and would stay here again when attending a meeting at the convention center.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ptbooth
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Ptbooth,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to leave a wonderful and detailed review about our property! I am so pleased to hear that we, as a boutique property, were able to accommodate you for your stay while attending the convention. It is also fantastic that the location suited your needs and kept you within walking distance from restaurants, the convention center, CVS, etc. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you attend a convention or just have a vacation in San Diego!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel is in a great location. You can easily walk anywhere in the Gaslamp Quarter. There are tons of bars and restaurants right around the hotel. The front desk staff was extremely helpful during check-in. We were given a room with a view of the Padres ballpark. The rooftop bar was nice, but quite expensive. The only negative thing I can say about this place is the room doors are quite heavy, and the housekeeping staff starts slamming the doors very early as they are going in and out to clean neighboring rooms. Other than that, we really enjoyed this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank z75

Z75,

Thank you stopping by and leaving a wonderful review about our Indigo. I am pleased to hear the location of the hotel and of your room were quite accommodating along with the Front Desk staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to noise from the doors near your room. I will be sure to speak with the housekeeping department to try and limit any slamming doors to ensure our guests have a peaceful stay.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo in San Diego's Gaslamp district for four days while on a combination business/pleasure trip. Since the conference room block was partially closed, I had to pay the full rate ~$300 for one night and about half that rate for the other nights with the conference discount. Although it was a nice hotel, I would never pay the full rate for all nights.

Our room was spacious and had a gorgeous view of the city lights. The front desk staff were very polite and accommodating.

On the 9th floor there is a bar with a great view. We went up there at about 8:30 p.m. for a drink. The view and the ambiance were spoiled by flat screen TVs that reflected into the glass wind screen around the bar. No one in the lounge was watching the TV, and we asked to have the one in our area turned off, so we could see the city lights without watching TV in the reflection. The bartender said, "No." We asked to have it turned down, but the view was really distracting. (See the photo.) I sent the photo to Facebook with a complaint and tagged the hotel. Within minutes, the manager came over and asked us if everything was OK. We said, "No" and pointed out the annoying TV reflection hovering over the city. She turned off the TV-- finally.

The lobby is very upscale, with a nice bar and small cafe-style restaurant. We ate in the restaurant only once and were underwhelmed. I ordered a breakfast burrito, which was supposed to have cheese, potatoes, green chilies, and avocado. There was no avocado and very little of anything else in it-- particularly the green chilies. I asked the waitress what happened to the rest of the ingredients. When she came back from the kitchen, she said they were out of avocado. This is bad kitchen management. At the beginning of the day (which this was), hey should have the ingredients to make every dish, and if they don't, the waitress should be told.

A few of the meetings for my conference were held at the hotel, but the meeting rooms were cramped. This hotel is only appropriate for small meetings -- less than 100.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors have great views of the city lights and the water in the distance.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank p2hannley
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

P2hannley,

We appreciate you taking the time and writing such a detailed review about our Hotel Indigo. I apologize for inconvenience you experienced in regards to the high rates along with the troubles on our . I am relieved to hear though that you found your room extremely accommodating and were able to take advantage of the Level 9 Terrace

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Really great hotel in downtown San Diego's Gaslamp district. The staff - especially the Front Desk staff in particular were amazing - very welcoming and professional - and they really seemed to take an interest in their guests. Room was spacious and had a very modern feel to it and we had a picture perfect view of Petco Park.

There are lots of great restaurants and bars in the area so you definitely want to venture out of the hotel. We did stop by the 9th floor outdoor bar which had spectacular views of downtown San Diego, and the drink prices were reasonable.

We did not dine at the hotel as there were so many choices nearby, so I cannot comment on the food.

Only downside was that valet parking was $41/day which is more than many hotels in LA - although there are parking garages nearby that are much cheaper.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Petco Park - should be amazing when the Padres are playing.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

LauderdaleBud,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review about our Hotel Indigo! I am thrilled to hear the staff was welcoming and that your room was extremely accommodating. I am also happy to hear the location suited your needs while in the downtown San Diego area.

We thank you again for the fantastic review and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel was really nice. The rooms were more spacious then a previous hotel that I stayed at in the area. Rooms were clean and the hotel looked very new. Front Desk and bar staff were friendly and made the stay more enjoyable. The hotel is walking distance to several restaurants and shops. Great Aveda bath amenities as well as a full length mirror in the room ( this seems so hard to find in hotels). Would definitely recommend this hotel for your stay in Gaslamp and I would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. I did not have a view but other guests in my party mentioned that they could see the baseball stadium.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

SaintsFanGirl,

We appreciate you taking the opportunity to write a lovely review about our Hotel Indigo. I am please to hear you found the room accommodating for you stay. I will ensure my team hears about your wonderful feedback. It is always great to hear such positive words about our staff and the customer service they were able to provide you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!