“Nestled near the Padres and Gaslamp”

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #35 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Durban, South Africa
“Nestled near the Padres and Gaslamp”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I loved this location, it was so close to the Padres stadium that I could see the pitchers mound from my room. I thought the bathroom was great and the overall room and hotel experience was wonderful. I did have an issue with the towels, but once I talked to the front desk about it, they communicated to housekeeping and it was resolved. I might suggest better pillows at this hotel but other then that overall I had a great experience with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GlobalSShoper
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to “Sunny San Diego”. We truly value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to let us know about the pillow and towel situation you encountered. We always like to hit “homeruns” with our guests and hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Korean first
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo for the weekend. The hotel is in a central location in Gaslamp making it easy to walk to many activities, For the most part the hotel is clean. One of the days we came back to our room and the room had been cleaned but all of the pillows were left on the floor in the closet. The fitness center is average with two treadmills, two ellipticals, and a few stationary bikes. Due to being in the city, it did get a bit noisy at night especially on the weekends with all the bars nearby. The 9th floor has a rooftop bar, but we never go to see it because it was always closed for a private event. The biggest issue we experienced was with the parking. The hotel charges $39 a day to valet the car which is typical for most of the city hotels. When we tried to retrieve our car it took over 30 minutes and the valet said it was because our car was parked 4 blocks away. After that we found ways to park the car offsite without spending $39 a day and having to wait 30 minutes for the hotel to locate the car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Emily A.,

Thank you for stopping by and writing such a detailed review about our Hotel Indigo. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while here at our property. I will ensure I speak with my staff so these issues you experienced in the future do not happen again. Recently, we have just renovated our fitness room to meet the needs of our guests.

We hope you give us the opportunity and choose to stay with us in the future.
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

First time staying here. Only stayed one night, but my wife and I really enjoyed the experience. The valet service--though mandatory--was quick and the attendants were courteous. They went out of their way to call a taxi when we out at night.

The employee who checked us in confirmed our bed preference (1 or 2), and accommodated us accordingly. He offered some nightlife suggestions at our request (one of which we took, and it was awesome), and was very friendly in general.

The room was modern, well-kept and comfortable. Not a ton of extra space, but not cramped either. One draw when we booked it was the ninth-floor rooftop bar and lounge, but we unfortunately did not get to check it out, as it was closed for a wedding reception. Not a valid reason to give a lower rating, but disappointed nonetheless.

The rare boutiquey-but-homely vibe was great, and we'd definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Padres stadium add a unique touch.
1 Thank Eric C
Eric C.,

Thank you for taking the time and writing such a wonderful review about our Hotel Indigo! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed you time and that the staff was accommodating. It is unfortunate that you were not able to take advantage of the Level 9 Terrace and I apologize for that inconvenience.

San Clemente, California, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location for its price, and has a modern, cool style to it. We had a nice view of Petco Park, and the rooftop lounge/bar is great (only complaint is that closes at 10 pm). Breakfast was nice and the coffee very good! Definitely will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark T,

Thank you for stopping by and writing a wonderful review about our Hotel Indigo. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Level 9 Terrace and that you enjoyed your time in San Diego.

Washington, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Came back from a year long deployment and booked a week at this Hotel to reconnect with my Wife. Great location a few blocks away from the gas lamp craziness but close enough to walk. Rooms were clean and decorated nicely. wanted a King size room and they accommodated me the next day without any issues. This Hotel"s staff was extremely friendly, polite, and took care of our every need all week. I would ask they desk staff for their recommendations everyday for a eatery and was never disappointed. Roof top Bar also makes awesome drinks. I accidentally left some items in my room and when I called back, they had retrieved them. Placed them in a fedex box and shipped them to me. How can you not appreciate service and integrity like this! I will make sure to stay here again when visiting and suggest all others to book with this Hotel. My only pet peeve was the price of parking was rather high, especially if spending 5 days or more. Thank you Hotel Indigo for Everything! J. Ruela

J. Ruela,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a wonderful review and thank you for your services. I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your 5 night stay at our Hotel Indigo and in downtown. I will ensure my Front Office team hears about the lovely feedback you have left.

california
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Walking distance from the ball park. Front desk staff were very helpful. Good restaurant in the hotel - weird name but good food. If you want to eat out, plenty of choice within walking distance. Supposed to be pet-friendly but still very clean alround. Environmentally friendly place -- interesting history.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank s4321s
S4321s,

Thank you for taking the time in writing such a wonderful review about our Hotel Indigo! I am happy to hear that my Front Office team was friendly and accommodating to your needs and that you enjoyed your time in San Diego.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What I liked most
- Location: in the trendy heart of SD, Gaslamp Quarter
- Huge room, huge bathroom and super clean. Spaciuos walk-in shower
- Nice lobby

What I didn't like
- Parking: only valet service, extremely expensive (39 USD/day). There are public parking facilities in the area (2 blocks from the hotel) at 15 USD/day
- Breakfast: expensive and not good. Continental breakfast is a croissant defrosted with a microwave and a small cup of fruit. All for 10 USD! Avoid the bar of the hotel, there are many bars in the area for a good breakfast

1 Thank saimonmays
Saimonmays,

Thank you for stopping by and writing a review about our Hotel Indigo. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel along with the design of our property. I am sorry to hear you were dissatisfied by our parking rates and our breakfast. I do thank you though for mentioning your concerns because that is how we improve--from the feedback of our customers.

We hope to see you again in the future!