“Our Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
La Puente, California
“Our Stay”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on vacation in San Diego. When we booked our stay we noticed that the hotel was the number 1 rated pet friendly hotel in that area. So, we decided to bring our dogs with us, which ended up being a wonderful experience.

The room was perfect for us, the dogs enjoyed it as well. The Hotel has a roof top bar that is dog friendly and has a grassy area for the dogs which was pretty neat. The Hotel is also a block away from Petco park which has a park area for people to walk their dogs which was pretty cool. The hotel was able to point out some of the restaurants in the area that are pet friendly which was really nice to have. The people at the front desk were always very nice and welcoming. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

The only downside to this hotel is that per their website their parking fee is $38 a day and when we arrived, the parking attendant tells us that its $39 a day. I tell him that their website listed $38 a day and he said that they just changed it. I did also mention it to the person who checked us in and he gave us the same response. I know it's just a $1 but it would be nice if their website would be correctly updated. As of today (a month after our stay) their website still states that their parking fee is $38.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Korean first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just stayed here for 3 days with my wife, great hotel, Darren on the front desk was so helpful and accommodating it made the start of our stay memorable. Easy walk to the restaurants in the gas lamp quarter and to the shopping mall. We would stay there anytime and highly recommend this hotel. Great high speed Internet

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in April 2013 for 3d2n. The staff at the reception were friendly and we feel very welcomed. Hotel lobby was huge. Welcome drink available for self service which was a good and refreshing way to welcome guests.

We got a room on the topmost floor, 12th floor. The view from the full length window was beautiful. We saw the sunset and view of downtown San Diego. Really nice room with a view! The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. We loved the shower cubicle and the toiletries provided were branded.

Valet parking was free during our stay and the staff were efficient. Wifi connection was also strong.

• Stayed April 2013
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just one of the plusses here. Had a key in hand for early check-in then had it snatched away. Walked around a bit came back and was able to check in after a brief delay. Spacious clean room. Loved the shower and having a window that actually opened. Keurig was a pain-had a hard time getting coffee. Housekeeping kept leaving tea and decaf despite my daily note. Front desk always came thru though. I understand this a "green" hotel but the bathroom lighting was awful. Loved the open lobby. The furnishings and hardwood floor in the room were so nice. Not cookie cutter. Only saw 2 dogs the whole time we were there and never heard any barking. Only real downer was rooftop bar was closed on the 2 nights we wanted to go. They said weather related but it was clear. Every employee we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank julesgirl
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel Indigo for a conference. It is a nice 8 block walk to the convention center in the very busy Gaslamp Quarter. The hotel lobby is very nicely decorated and the restaurant is good. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. One complaint I have is that the shower smells like mildew. It looks as thought the bathroom was recently remodeled but it had that awful smell even after daily cleanings. The other complaint is about how they billed me. I gave them my credit card to scan for incidentals and asked if they would be placing a hold on my account for any funds. They stated that they would hold $75 but that was it. A couple of days later I was checking my account and they had a hold for over $1400!! When I asked about this, they were unsure why it had held more then $400 more then my actual bill was going to be. They did offer to call my bank and have the charges taken off but at that time (Friday) it would not have come off before Monday anyway.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SoCal
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is just average. The modern styling is not 4 star. The amenities are basic. It does have an open pet policy. The nicest part of the whole place is the hard flooring in the rooms. Every hotel should take note and do this. It helps to make the room feel so much cleaner. Although the hotel is nice, it isn't plush or rich like I expect a 4 star hotel to be. The service is ok.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank clayton15
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear clayton15,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I appreciate the compliments on the level of cleanliness and service provided.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied, as such, I am sorry if some of our amenities failed to live up to your expectations. We always try our best to fulfill our guest needs and we regret that we did not deliver on this occasion.

Your feedback will be reviewed and will be used to reconsider improvements. We hope that you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I usually enjoy my stays at the hip or boutique versions of large hotel chains like the Indigo, W, So etc and this is not too much of an exception. The lobby and front desk is not your usual boring style. The service is ok. The room is pleasantly larger than normal, and the view is of the gaslamp district, with a peek of the harbor. Talking about the gaslamp district, this is a good area for bars and restaurants. Back to the room, it has the flat screen and shower, which I prefer. The Aveda brand toiletries are great. Everything in the room is mismatched and colorful, in the hip way. And they bother to deliver newspapers to the door, which is good. The gym is uninspiringly small and windowless, so I skipped it. This is probably 1 of the better hotels in San Diego, barring any personal preferences against such hotels

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business