“Amazing hotel experience especially for my pets!!!!”

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #35 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Amazing hotel experience especially for my pets!!!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out. We had a great experience. We were able to walk our dogs around anywhere in the hotel. They had a special place on the 9th floor for doggies to pee and poo. The rooms were very clean. The staff were really helpful and attentive. Sergio helped us with our bags and before we even settled in that the doggies get the most attention here..this made me really happy...they dont charge any fee for the pets. Parking is expensive/ night but convenient. They also do charge for refrigerator/night. Overall I loved the whole experience. Definitely going back.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Blancetts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Clean and welcoming, this is a nice hotel. My fiancée and I only stayed for one night on our way from Mexico to San Francisco. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large, with an excellent shower.

The only negative thing I can say about the room is although the hardwood floors look great, they don't make for a quiet room. There was someone (a lady in high-heels I'm guessing) in the room above us and when she was walking around, it sounded like someone what hitting the ceiling with a hammer. Started to drive me a bit stir-crazy after a while.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent and the staff member attending to us was professional.

If we are back in San Diego, I would preference this hotel, if only it didn't have hardwood floors. The price you pay for "style", I guess.

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the Baseball Stadium.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartiniBender
Haslett
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night before departing San Diego. The hotel is located in a great part of the city and the rates are fairly good. If you valet park your car, be wary as it cost $40. We were able to find a parking spot right out front, but be careful as there are very specific rules as to parking your car overnight. The hotel itself was gorgeous and the rooms were excellent. It definitely had the coolest atmosphere of any place we stayed in Southern Cal. I would recommend highly that you pay a little extra for a decent view as we were staring straight into what looked like a delivery area. I would stay here again and the pet friendly policy is great even though we did not take advantage of it!

Room Tip: Pay more for a good room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank huhnnich
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

5 star superb hotel.suit for intermediate traveller whos looking for luxury & pleasure.2 days staying for 150 dollar worth money can do.near to attraction & san diego landmark place.u cam share your room with friend and bff.for budget backpackers,recommend to share 3 pax per room yet still worth & suit.my journey about 3 days at san diego,lets party!!

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The room was discounted over the web for 124 for a standard room or 144 with breakfast included. The extra 20 dollars just gave you a coupon good for 20
Dollars worth of food. And here is the kicker,parking is $40. No choice! The room was spacious and well designed. Hardwood floors, nice decor and beautiful design. Seemingly a perfect room, until.... The air conditioner! Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive but the ac unit sounded as if it belonged in a motel 6. It was loud, and not just steady loud, it pulsated. I thought as loud as it was, it must be a problem so I asked to see another room, same noise. Such a great room was really a let down over the noise. Other than that the hotel was comfortable and clean. Such potential but the little things disappointed me to the point I don't think I could recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Sablue13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Sablue13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am happy you noticed the cleanliness of our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. This issue will be addressed immediately. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Amazing...welcoming... very hip...personable service.
Absolutely LOVED everything about this hotel... the room, the staff (thank you, Sergio & Jose!)...the bar upstairs... wow! Breakfast was amazing and preceded by some of the best needed coffee. The only downside was the cost of overnight parking! Otherwise, a true 10! I would recommend this hotel for people who don't have little toddlers... it is perfect for families who are active and can do a lot of walking to take advantage of Petco Park which is close by. But also for the many restaurants and fun eateries that cater to those who have children over 5 & older. For faithful Marriott travelers, we WILL tell everyone about this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was close to the elevator and we had no issue with that.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at Indigo for 5 nights in mid-March. The rooms, bathrooms, linens and towels are very clean and well maintained. The mattresses and pillows are comfortable. The rooms are on a smaller side and very basic, but quiet. The appliances (TV, hairdryer, iron) are in good working condition. There was no refrigerator in our room. The location is a few blocks walk to the center of the Gaslamp quarter and innumerable restaurants. The front desk staff are very welcoming. There is a cafe in the lobby, but breakfast selections are Starbucks-like and overpriced. The waitstaff are hit or miss. Given the choices of places to eat, I would not waste time eating there. There is a $38 daily charge for valet parking. We did not have to wait to get the car, which is available at any time of the day. Overall, it felt like we overpaid for the very basic amenities, but cleanliness of the accommodations made it somewhat worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Hello KBNYC, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad you found our hotel to be so comfortable and welcoming. We will utilize your review as a source to improve our hotel for you. We hope to see you again soon!