Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Pendry San Diego(San Diego)
  • Pool
Andaz San Diego(San Diego)
1,844 results
All reviewsrooftop barpetco parkgaslamp quarterhardwood floorsaveda productsgreat hoteleast villagedog friendly hotelbaseball stadiumkeurig coffee makervalet parkingconvention centerball parkbars and restaurantswithin walking distancemodern hotelvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I love the Gaslamp District, so when a friend from Berkeley came to visit me in LA, we left for a quick trip. I decided to try the Hotel Indigo and we were thrilled with the room, the location with easy walking all around the neighborhood, the roof restaurant and lastly the wonderful customer service. Unfortunately, I left my cashmere shawl (which had personal meaning) in the room and didn't realize it for 2 days; thankfully they had it saved for me when I called and Lupita Barerra at the hotel was amazing in both communication with me and helping get it back safely. I'd had it many years and had taken it everywhere, so this was as emotional as a piece of jewelry.

The rooms and hotel design are stunning and friendly contemporary; it was really an oasis for a high-rise hotel. There's a view of Petco Park, so great if you are coming for baseball and of course additional fun and scenic walking with the nearby restaurants, bars and shops.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank turnerca
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic hotel, we were upgraded on arrival to the suite above the bar & had the most awesome view of the baseball stadium all lit up at night. Really relaxed feel to the hotel, excellent staff. I hope I get to return

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank judethmc
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Firstly, our room had an absolutely magnificent fiew into Petco Park. Unfortunately, our room was also located directly above the bar and people standing on the balcony could see up into our room, I found that out when I was naked and a lovely man copped an eyeful on my breasts - don't think he was complaining about that though :-)

The room itself was very contemporary and comfortable but simple things weren't up to the standard we expected. ie: Tap in the bathroom sink. If it wasn't turned on to a decent flowrate, water would go all over the benchtop and soak everything.

Overall, the staff were very friendly however at dinner in the restaurant our waiter forgot a side order of fries and even after we had brought this to his attention, the order still didn't arrive, but then showed on our bill. He was pretty embarassed when we pointed this out and fixed the mistake immediately.

The hotel is pet friendly - which is great if you like animals but was also a bit icky as we had to play hopscotch around doggy paw pee puddles after the pet party that was held in the bar. Credit to the staff though, they cleaned up pretty quickly so again, it was a classic example of a situation that could have been done better.

Only valet was availabe for hotel guests and charged at $44(?) per day. We parked a block away for $6 per 10hrs in a public carpark.

Probably my biggest complaint would be the maid service. The dirty wine glasses we used on the first night remained in the room our entire stay (4 nights) as did the dirty water glasses on the side tables, other general rubbish was not removed either. No bar fridge in the room and ice bucket too small to be effective.

So, would I stay there again? Umm, to be honest, probably not. As I said earlier, the staff were loveyl and hotel was beautifully finished in a contemporary manner but lacked practicaltiy. The details let the hotel down and I thought the cost of parking for hotel guests was unnecessary.

Room Tip: Rooms looking toward Petco park give a stunning view - just get above the bar!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mischiefdebs
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was in San Diego for work and flew in late. I arrived at the hotel around 10:45 and as soon as I walked through the door and stood in line to check in, I overheard the girl at the desk say that their server had crashed and they couldn't check us in. It took til about 12:15 before they got it up and running but they were so nice and accommodating during that time. They provided me some food while I waited and even offered to move me to a nearby hotel free of charge. I opted to stay since the rest of my company was in the same hotel. When I did get a room, they gave me a beautiful suite. I would have loved to stay longer and enjoy the hotel. The night time staff handled the situation well under pressure. As tired as I was from a long flight, I know that stuff like that happens sometimes and they tried their best. If not for that, I would have rated this excellent. The room was beautiful and clean and the staff was wonderful. I will definitely remember that next time I am in San Diego.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kawelalove
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you Kawelalove for taking the time to share your stay at our hotel! t was unfortunate that the timing of the unanticipated failure had a negative affect on your stay, though we are excited to see our staff handle the situation while ensuring you were comfortable. Thank you for keeping us in mind for the next time you are in San Diego! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The lobby is very pretty and check in easy and pain free. There are computers and printers for guest use free of charge in the lobby - great for airline check in! There is a lobby bar which is very pleasant and if you have breakfast there make sure you give the breakfast burrito a try - YUM!
The rooms are spacious and decor modern and pleasant. Bed VERY comfortable. Ice Machines available on various floors. The thai restaurant just up the street is good for a quick dinner and one of the broken yolk restaurants is also around the corner for breakfast. You'll enjoy your stay at this quite hotel. Seems like it would be good for business travel also. The ballpark really is SUPER close... the pictures don't lie. Supermarket nearby also if you need essentials.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple