This is a very nice hotel and in a very convenient location. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly except for a couple of things:
1) Parking can be a real pain around this area. If you go on a weekend, street/metered parking is free after 6pm (I think) and on Sunday it is free all day. Fortunately, we arrived on a late Saturday afternoon and left on Sunday so it worked out perfectly. The other initial concern was that I noticed a significant amount of vagrancy in this area so I was worried about my car getting broken into (in addition to some drunk college kid smashing a window - see #2). The front desk assured us it would be fine though, and it was.
2) If you stay here, research what events are going on in the area ahead of time. I'll use Halloween weekend as an example. There's this huge event in the Gaslamp Quarter that they put on every year called "Monster Bash" - it's basically a block party where a majority of the clientele are the stereotypical pre-drunk SDSU students (It was somewhat amusing while we were getting food at Smashburger, seeing a bunch of drunk college kids dressed up in costumes looking like idiots!)
Thing is, this last year they had it on the same block as where this hotel is located. Literally, two huge soundstages with the light effects and everything within a 500ft of the hotel. If you're looking for a little peace and quiet, you won't find it here on that weekend for sure. Unless you can tune out 6 hours of droning and blaring music.
Other than that, the room we were in was very nice and very spacious (it was more like a suite that we got upgraded to). Location is definitely a plus if you're looking to relax and walk around the Gaslamp and down to Seaport Village. Will I be back? Quite possibly, but not during Halloween weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hotel Indigo! From the moment you enter, you will be invited with the soothing sounds of the floor to ceiling water wall and captivated by locally photographed wall murals. Our refreshingly local Hotel Indigo staff is here to show you just what makes San Diego ‘America’s Finest City.’ Before heading out, we invite you to enjoy an evening cocktail on our Level 9 Rooftop Bar. Sit by the fire pit or reflective pool and enjoy breathtaking views of downtown San Diego and PETCO Park. Unwind with colleagues or meet new friends before exploring all the Gaslamp Quarter has to offer! Prepare for a calming nights sleep with the textures and warm earth-tones that make you forget that you are in a hotel. The iHome allows you to awaken with your favorite music while you refresh in the glass enclosed spa shower.You are invited to sit streetside in our open air Table 509 Bar and Kitchen and feel the energy and vibrance of downtown San Diego while enjoying a fresh cup of locally brewed Café Moto coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Indigo San Diego
- San Diego Hotel Indigo