“Awesome Dog Friendly Hotel”

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #34 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights, it is located close to some great places to eat, the harbor and downtown. The rooms were exceptionally clean, open and inviting. The food in the hotel was great as well. The best part was that we were able to bring our dogs, everyone in the hotel was accommodating to the dogs and the front desk staff was super friendly towards the dogs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rennieonthego
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you Rennieonthego for the positive feedback from your recent visit to San Diego! I am pleased to hear that you found our accommodations to inviting & you enjoyed the food from our restaurant Table 509! The hotel prides itself in being a 100% pet friendly hotel and hope to see you and your dogs visit us again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,814)

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at the Indigo over New Year to visit family in San Diego. It's a great location right next to the Gaslight district. Our room was on the 8th floor and had a great view on the baseball stadium, unfortunately there was no match at the time, but I imagine it would be cool.
More important was the room itself. It had a good size, nicely decorated and big walk-in shower. The only thing I was missing was a mini-bar.
Overall i can highly recommend the hotel for anyone staying downtown San Diego.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan-Hendrik B
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The hotel is on the periphery of the Gaslamp Quarter in a quiet setting, a short walk from the bustle and delights of Fifth Avenue. A lot of thought must have gone into the design because the rooms are spacious and airy due to a clever arrangement of the closet and bathroom. The furniture, fittings and decor are excellent. The staff are thoroughly efficient and very helpful. My experience was dampened slightly by sloppy housekeeping: small scraps of paper on the floor persisted for several days and the bathroom counter was clearly not wiped down everyday, even on one day when it needed to be.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rexpig
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank You Rexpig for taking a moment to review your stay with us. We appreciate receiving all feedback from our guests to let us know exactly how we are performing as a hotel. I am elated to hear that you found our staff to be "thoroughly efficient and very helpful" as this is exactly what we strive for. I do regret to hear however that you found our housekeeping services to not be consistent. We appreciate the feedback as we will certainly use this information for future training and discussion purposes.

We do hope that you select Hotel Indigo as your brand of choice while traveling or selecting another one of our properties within IHG! Please visit us at PriorityClub.com to view the benefits of becoming one of our Loyalty Members!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I were attending a convention in San Diego this January and needed to book our own hotel. This hotel is within easy walking distance of the center, but allowed us to scope out some of the restaurants along the way as we walked. The hotel is part of the Holiday Inn loyalty program (Priority Club) and joining gets you a small discount at the bar and restaurant which we did not take advantage of. We arrived before the check in time and they were able to get us access to our room in spite of our earliness. The room is small, but cozy and I felt comfortable there. I do think the parking is quite expensive and decided not to rent a car for the trip because of the extra cost.

The staff was very helpful when my glasses decided to self destruct. There was an amusing moment with about four of us and one small screwdriver peering over the patient trying to get the ear-piece re-attached. There is a good coffee maker in the room, but if you have multiple coffee drinkers, you will need to call for more caffeinated pods.

One thing you should know about San Diego is that apparently Friday night is clubbing night (I would never let my daughter go out in public dressed like that) and we did have some issues with noise in other rooms late that evening, but it quieted down before we called the front desk.

Room Tip: The view from the lower floors is not good, but not so bad to ask to move.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mbirgen
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a cruise. The hotel is well situated in the Gaslamp Quarter and only 6 blocks from the big shopping centre. I arrived at 11am and was still suffering from a heavy cold and really needed to lie down. I was able to check in straight away thanks to the helpful and understanding staff. The room was clean and spacious and the beds really comfortable. You could buy food in their small cafe-like restaurant and the breakfast was reasonably priced. My plane didn't leave until the evening so the helpful receptionist organised a 2pm check-out and then stored my bags and organised a taxi. Every question I asked at reception was dealt with courteously. The only negative about the hotel is that they do not have any tourist information or brochures available beyond a map of the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed for three nights in January. San Diego is a great place to visit when you live in New England at this time of year. The hotel is quite nice with the room comfortable and nicely furnished. The hotel staff is excellent. The best feature of the hotel is its location. Many good restaurants are within a short walk as well as good coffee locations. I had lunch sitting outside at Cafe Chloe which I highly recommend. Overall, a very good hotel which I will re-visit in the future.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

To celebrate our wedding anniversary and to also get away we planned another trip to San Diego. Travelling from Los Angeles it was easy we took Amtrak which if it wasn't for bad trolley volunteer advice we would have taken the trolley to the stop only two blocks away. Oh well. We got a great rate on Hotwire after narrowing down what type of hotel it would be we got lukcy, it was the Indigo for $127 a night. Yeah, no kidding. (Rack rates on the doors were considerably higher.)

We checked in and our room was on the 6th floor. We encountered a problem with the heating system or lack there of and were switched to the 12th floor. We were issued the same room, more or less, no opening window and a littel smaller bath room but there were only 12 rooms on the floor so it was quiet.

The rooms were great, the shower is amazing, the bed was comfortable, but will have to say that the pillows were pretty bad. Overall, I would recommend staying here. The location and proximatey to Petco Stadium, restaraunts, gaslamp district, trolley stops it was excellent. It is a very nice hotel and it made our trip enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a north or south facing room or you have to deal with sunrise/sunset. Higher floors have les...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple