Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
$207
$190
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$233
$214
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$408
$369
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$255
  • Breakfast included
$479
$389
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$316
$259
$314
$289
  • Pool
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$351
$329
Official Site
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$299
$275
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$349
$289
1,871 results
All reviewsrooftop barpetco parkgaslamp quarteraveda productshardwood floorsgreat hoteleast villagedog friendly hotelbaseball stadiumkeurig coffee makervalet parkingconvention centerball parkbars and restaurantswithin walking distancemodern hotelvalet service
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Let me first say this appears to be a nice hotel, friendly staff and great location. Now let me say this hotel has gone to the dogs. Sitting in the lobby bar within a 10 minute period I saw 14 dogs check in. The first few I was willing to write off as service animals. The next dozen, no.

When I inquired at the desk they happily told me the Indigo chain is pet friendly and animals could go "anywhere, anytime, any room". I left.

I am deathly allergic. I've been on planes many times when they declare a peanut free zone due to an allergy of a passenger yet the Indigo let's animals run. I get the business model. A little warning would have been nice. I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels for business. None will be at an Indigo.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dpaulson1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Dpaulson1,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am sorry for your overall dissatisfaction during your stay. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a beautiful place in a great San Diego location. We secured a phenomenal rate through hotels.com ($100). We checked in. Rooms are spacious. Lobby is elegant. Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Parking is obscene ($38/day). Unfortunately, we didn't realize the place is a veritable pet hotel. In one hour sitting in the lounge, we saw at least a dozen dogs of all shapes and sizes. My husband is deathly allergic, so we couldn't stay there after all. The front desk was very kind and helpful and said to call Hotels.com and they could cancel the prepaid charge. Done. (Thanks Vanessa at Hotels.com)

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie J
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great venue with great food, accomodating staff, and overall an awesome good time. I have to say that Curtis worked with us to have an amazing event. He even threw in a free night's stay to raffle off to one of our employees. Truly a great hotel! I will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The location is the best thing about the hotel.

Our room was not cleaned well between nights. The bathroom trash was not taken out and the surfaces in the bathroom or room were not wiped down. My husband even noticed that they didn't even change the sheets one day (a small black mark on one corner clued him in).

Every night until around 1am there were people in the hallways talking loudly, especially the first night. The walls are thin and you can hear everything on all sides, couples in the next room, bathroom noises, and luggage being wheeled above you. If the noise inside the hotel isn't loud enough you get a constant stream of sirens from the streets below. We were on the 10th floor and we heard at least 6 sirens a night with the window shut.

The "gym" is lacking in room and equipment and you are much better off enjoying a morning run on the harbor as long as you don't mind weaving between sleeping homeless folks.

There valet is slow, only 1 person working most of the time. Their text system to notify them when you wanted your car was down while we were there. For $38/night I expected more.

During our stay the restaurant and 9th floor bar were closed 2 out of the 3 nights. We were not told this is advance and the day of a note was slid under our door to inform us of the closures.

We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary J
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Mary J,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We certainly pride ourselves in providing the best service possible and regret to hear that you did not find our services to meet yours or even our expectations. We will take your feedback into consideration for future training purposes. As the Front Office Manager, I would like to speak with you regarding your stay. Please contact me directly via email at darren.queen@ihg.com. Thank you again for your comments and hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I managed to secure a great deal on this hotel by booking it early. We stayed for two nights having driven down from my house in LA.

We were able to valet the car at a fairly reasonable cost.

When walking into this hotel you realise straight away that it is something a little special. Everything looks modern but as with the brands motto, is environmentally friendly.

This hotel had a couple hidden gems, the rooftop bar but also a rooftop garden with views of the City and Petco park. The hotel had a small gym with cardio equipment which was of course complimentary.

We had a standard room which was extremely large and well kept, the bathroom was also a good size. Our room looked directly into Petco Park, but unfortunately no baseball to watch for free!

The hotel is within walking distance from Gaslamp Quarter so great if you want to have a crazy night out and stay at a nearby hotel.

We also sampled the food at the hotel which was of a good standard and at a fairly reasonable cost.

I will definitely return and would strongly recommend this hotel to others!

Room Tip: Try and go as high as possible and where possible go for a view of Petco park
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you Tom C for your review! We are pleased that you found our environmentally friendly hotel the perfect place for your visit to San Diego. The hotel prides itself as a LEED Certified property in which we promote sustainability and support our local vendors. We certainly do our best to maintain our modern decor of our facilities for our guests’ enjoyment! We hope to have you come back to visit us again!