New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 37 San Diego B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice to have a Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Definitely be back since it's likely my nephew will be stationed in San Diego a few more years. Really loved the decorating and the nice cozy towels. The bed was superior also. A radio would be nice..but understand that might also be easier for folks to 'accidentally' walk away with it. It does have a nice big TV but we don't watch much TV.

You are in the Gas Lamp district so kindof a mixed neighborhood but it's fine where the house is located. There is a locked gate at the front and a locked gate where they have converted the back yard space to a parking lot. So I always felt safe. We also never heard anyone else - better than most hotels.

We sure enjoyed the nice kitchen which was fully equipped. Breakfast at home each day.

Room Tip: basement rooms would not get much light.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked a room at Parc Suites for the last 5 days of a 16 days trip. I would say that the price is really reasonable. The apartment was clean and the building was well maintained as well. I was very glad to have access to washer/dryer (1.75$/load) and to have a fridge and oven! On some of the nights I was there, it seems that all the apartments were occupied but it was still very quiet and peaceful. Although some streets in the surrounding areas might be to avoid because of homeless, the location is safe. Gaslamp is a 15 minutes walk away. I walked by myself to go to gaslamp (daytime) and had no issues at all, I think you just have to pick the right streets.

My only comments regard small details. The manager had called me the day before my arrival to ask for my time of arrival. I had told her my estimated time and my arrival time at the train station. When I arrived at the premises, there was no one. I called the manager's cell phone and I was told I was supposed to confirm my arrival time 30 minutes ahead. The manager was biking and told me it would take 30 minutes for her to get there. Since I had a car, I went to the grocery store instead of waiting outside. I have to admit that it was indeed indicated to call 30 minutes prior to arrival in the instructions sent with the deposit receipt. So I would advice the readers of this review to put a reminder on their calendar to call 30 minutes prior to arrival as travelers usually have a lot of things on their mind.

Room Tip: Based on the pictures on the company website, I expected an apartment with wood floors. I was told t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
sunderland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at parc suites for 10 days with my fiance,the apt was exceptionally clean and decorated beautifully! Great outdoor area with mini golf too.location was great with easy access to gaslamp,20min walk or $10 taxi,also near bus route,get a day ticket as it works out better! Would definitely stay again and can't wait to go back

• Stayed November 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I came to San Diego for a golf trip. We stayed at the Parc Suites, which was truly like a home away from home. First, we were greeted by the owner, Kelly, who was as friendly as could be, with lots of helpful tips and suggestions for our first visit to this incredible city.
Our apartment was super clean and very cute. It was just perfect for the two of us and so much more affordable than hotels in the area. We will definitely go back on our next visit to San Diego!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Banning, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My sister and I shared a one bedroom suite with a kitchen. We had a roll away cot brought in
that was perfectly comfortable. We loved having the kitchen so we could bring in some snacks.
The property is in an historic neighborhood that is being restored. There was gated parking in the
back. There is even a laundy room. The property had a very inviting side yard and porch so that it did have a homey feel. It was comfortable to sit outside and enjoy the warm November evening.
What we liked most is that is close to everything we wanted to do or see. The harbor, Balboa Park and the Zoo, and Coronado Island were all within short driving distances. The owner, Kelly,
is an amazing, energetic woman who made us feel at home with a very personal touch. I would stay here again on my next trip to San Diego.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Norco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We LOVED our little 1 bedroom Suite ~ it was fresh, clean, & perfect ~ just like living in a sweet tree house ! The building was beautiful & the interior design impeccable ! The neighborhood was interesting & safe. We even got to walk to a Day of the Dead Festival around the corner & all the nieghborhood people were very welcoming & friendly. We live in a town that has more horses than people, so it was an extra treat to have a quiet place to stay with just enough city noise to feel home, but away from home. The bed & Suite were SO comfortable that we got more than our share of rest & relaxation. The owner, Kelly, was a wonderful hostess, & we can't wait to come back again ~ thank you Kelly & staff ~ you created a WONDERFUL environment for us to call home any time we visit San Diego !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at Parc Suites for five nights. It is near downtown San Diego but far enough away to escape the madness. It is affordable compared with places in downtown. My suite was clean and functional. There was no air conditioning, but there were four fans, two windows, and a screen door so that the place was comfortable at all times. The neighborhood is a diverse mixture of urban renewal and some places still awaiting urban renewal. There were plenty of people on the streets, and they were friendly and helpful with advice when I asked for it in the first day or two as I learned my way around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business